Can you feel the love tonight

April 15, 2019
Sorry for any spelling errors.

Y/n POV
Right now I'm in my room listening to 'can you feel the love tonight' by Elton John. I love the lion king and I love this song. I recently learned how to play it on piano. "Hey y/n I'm here" my boyfriend Shawn says. "Hi baby" I say giving him a kiss. "Whatcha up to?" He asks. "I was just about to play 'can you feel the love tonight' on the piano" I say say walking out to the living room. "Do you want to sing it?" I ask sitting on the piano chair.
"Sure I'd love to" Shawn says. "You can have the sheet music so you know when to sing. I memorized it" I say handing him the sheet music. "Ok I'm ready when you are" he says sitting on the couch.
I hum the song while playing piano as Shawn sings. We finish the song and i feel so happy. "That was really good. Do you think you want to sing with me?" Shawn says. "Hm I'll give it a try" I say.
~skip song~
"You sound really good. And we sound really good together" Shawn says making me blush. "Thank you" I say shyly. "Do you want to record it at the studio sometime?" Shawn asks taking me by surprise. "Um maybe, would we release it?" I ask. "Only if you want to" he says. "Ok well let's go to the studio sometime" I say and Shawn nods. "Let's watch the lion king and cuddle now" Shawn says and I smile.
~a few days later~
Shawn's POV
I told my crew that me and y/n wanted to record a song and they said they would help. We arrive at the studio and set up. "Here are your headphones" I say giving y/n a pair of beats that I just bought her. "Thank you so much" she says hugging me. We record the song a few times and it's time to go home. "You did so good babe" I say giving her a hug. "Thank you. The studio is so tiring I understand why you come back all tired" she says making me laugh.
~a few weeks later~ the song is now done being edited and is now ready to be released. My team and I have been hinting that we are going to release a song soon and it's finally Time. I post a shirt clip on Instagram and Twitter with the caption: 'I have been working on a song for a few weeks and I'm happy to say that it's a collaboration! I sang with... my girlfriend y/n! She has such and amazing voice and I love her so much. Go stream "can you feel the love tonight" covered by Shawn Mendes and y/n y/l/n.' I press post and turn off my phone.
Y/n POV
Shawn just posted the news and I'm so scared and happy at the same time. "You did so good" Shawn says and gives me a kiss. "Cuddles?" I ask "cuddles" he replies and we lay on the couch .