The parents part 1 of 2

April 23 2019
Thank you for this amazing cover @iloveshawnihatetomatoes on Instagram

Part 1 of 2
Sorry for any spelling errors.

Shawns POV
Today I'm meeting y/n's parents. We have been dating for the first time. We have been dating for 5 months and we were thinking of going public, so I figured it would be best to meet her parents before we go public. I'm nervous, what if they don't like me, what if they don't approve of us dating and make us break up?!
Clam dawn shawn, calm down. Your Prince Charming, they'll like you. Ugh who am I kidding they won't like me.
Y/n POV
I enter Shawn's living room after getting ready at his apartment. I see him pacing the room tugging his hair. "Hey babe what's going on?" I ask walking up to him. "What if your parents don't like me, what if they make us break up" Shawn says flustered. "Shawn, babe, look at me. Calm down, they'll like you. Your so handsome, and nice, kind, and you have a good spirit. And don't worry if they don't approve, I'll still date you. Don't worry." I say, my hands on the sides of his face. "Thank you y/n, you calmed me down a little" he says. "Can I kiss you?" He asks and I nod. His lips touch mine and I feel butterflies in my stomach. We pull away and I can tell Shawn's more calm. "Let's get going" I say and we leave the apartment.
~skip car ride~
We arrive at my parents house, aka the house I grew up in. I knock on the door and wait. "You'll do good" I say to Shawn. He nods. The door opens and my mom opens the door. "Hi mom" I say giving her a hug. "Hi y/n it's been a little while since you've been over" she says. "Hi mrs. y/m/l/n (your mom's last name)" Shawn says and shakes her hand. "Hi, you must be Shawn" she says and he nods. "Y/d/n is just finishing up some work he'll be out soon" my mom says and invites us in. We walk to the table where some sweets and some green tea is set out.