Friendly stranger part 1

June 17 2019
Sorry for any spelling errors.

Y/n POV
The smell of alcohol invaded my senses, and the loud music hurts my ears. "Hey let's go to our friends" my friend Ashley says. She means her friends, and I sit back and watch them socialize. We see them sitting together on a few couches. "Hey Ashley, hey y/n" they say. I just wave.
While they are talking I decide to get a drink. I go to the kitchen and get a bottle of water. I go back, and they are all taking pictures under the "class of 2019" sign. I can't help but feel left out. We are at a college graduation party. I hate parties. They all come back, and are talking like I'm not even there. I see a boy eyeing me ever so often. I decide to go on my phone, so I don't look like I'm being left out of the group.
"Hey I'm shawn" the boy that was eyeing me before says. "Hi, I'm y/n" I say shyly. Why would he talk to me if he was just in the group with Ashley's friends. "Your here with Ashley?" Shawn asks. "Yeah I am" I say looking over at her talking with her friends. "I hate parties" I say and Shawn laughs. "Me too" he says. We talk for a while. And he's really sweet. "Hey Shawn, lets go play pool" one of Shawn's friends say. Shawn stands up and grabs my hand. "What are you doing?" I say as he pulls me through the crowd. "We are going to play pool" he says looking back at me with the sweetest smile. I just nod.