We Are Family

@peppo0 requested a taekook step dad au...so I wrote this! I decided to go down the fluffy route because incest and stuff ain't my thing..hopefully you don't mind a little bit of uwu in your oneshots, because this is what you've ended up with! A slightly unconventional route with fanfic I realise but it's better that way I think. I hope it lives up to your expectations, and hopefully you enjoy it! Love you x

Potential triggers: phobic parents, family arranged (ish) marriage, distant mentions of sexual assault - like VERY distant)

"Honey, please stop trying to climb up on the kitchen counter when he's trying to cook, it really doesn't help," my older sister chides, picking up the five year old girl, and depositing her back on the floor. "Why don't we go and hang out and give him a little bit of space, huh?"

My daughter glances over at me. "Dad, what do you want me to do?" she asks, shuffling over to me and wrapping her arms around my waist, effectively trapping me within her arms. I just chuckle fondly, almost too used to her affectionate ways.
"Go play with your Auntie Taewa, cupcake. I won't be long. I've just gotta make you some dinner. Unless you don't want dinner?" I ask teasingly, laughing at how quickly she reacts.

"No!" the youngster cries out, shaking her head and letting me go instantly. "I want din dins! Gimme din dins!"
"Just takes a little work, remember?" I say simply. "Go on, Mi, I'll be done in about ten minutes."

Mina, my daughter, steps back, and then tilts her head at me. "Won't you be lonely on your own?" I just smile.
"Don't worry about that, cupcake. Koo comes home in about five minutes, so he'll be able to help with the finishing touches and serving it up," I reassure her, kissing her forehead and smiling as her whole face lights up.

"Koo's coming home tonight?" she repeats excitedly, and I nod, smiling at the thought of my whole family finally being together again.
"Work let him go for a few nights, so he's gonna be all ours for then. You're gonna be a good girl, aren't you, cupcake?" She beams, nodding quickly.
"Of course. I don't want him to be too stressed," she says eagerly, turning to leave the room before turning around again to ask a question. "Can I give him a hug when he gets home?"

"Of course you can, just let him get his coat off and his bag down, alright?"
"I will!"
"That's my girl," I say fondly, watching her shuffle out of the room and join my older sister in the living room.

Back when I allowed my family to run my life, I was paired with a girl who didn't really understand the meaning of boundaries or 'I'm gay, get away from me', and the result of that was that I ended up a father. Indeed, I became a father to two children.

Mina, and her little sister, Eunha, who's still only eight months old. I separated from their mother properly when she was a month pregnant, and I don't regret the decision to leave when I did. I was unhappy, insecure, and close to suicidal by the time I got the confidence and support from my sister (who didn't know that the relationship was forced in the first place) to get myself out of the dark space I'd been shoved into by my business-orientated parents.

I met Jeon Jungkook by accident, only a few days after the custody battle of the children started. He was understanding, and we became firm friends after he helped me to argue my case in court (because he happened to be a lawyer), which was much harder because...well...apparently mothers automatically have more rights than fathers when it comes to childcare.

But after a few months of hard work, and close partnership with Jungkook and Taewa, two things happened. I got custody of my unborn child and my little Mina, after providing proof of my constraining family and home life. Once they listened to Mina's account of my treatment of her in comparison to her mother's attitude, it was an easy case. Before that, however, it was a struggle.