I've Got The Magic In Me

(A/n: this is a harry potter au, I'm sorry if I got anything wrong. it's not on purpose. I'm not sure when it's set in the harry potter timeline, it just uses the world. if you disagree with any of the houses I've put them in, please just accept these for the chapter and forgive. thanks) 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

Yoongi's reassuringly familiar voice seems angry, and I look up, to see that he's striding over to where I am, getting beaten up by a bunch of second-year Slytherins. "It's a filthy half blood," one of the second-years explains, an unpleasant grin on his face, and my cousin shrugs.

"And? That doesn't mean you can attack him. This isn't You-Know-Who's castle. This is Hogwarts. And we don't accept such bullshit here. Get away from my fucking cousin," Yoongi snaps, making a dismissive gesture with his hand, and the younger males run off instantly, terrified by his intimating stare.

"You alright?" he asks once they're around the corner, his expression and tone softening.
"Yeah, I'm fine," I say quietly, brushing myself off and taking out my wand (ebony, ten inches, slightly springy, with a unicorn hair for a core) to check that it's not broken. "I'm sort of used to it now. Thank you for helping me, though, hyung."

I notice someone behind my cousin, in a Slytherin uniform as well, but with a sympathetic expression on his face. Yoongi notices my confusion, and jolts his head toward the stranger. "That's Jeon Jungkook. Third year. He walks round with me most of the time because we don't like a lot of people and prefer not to be completely alone. He's alright, don't worry. He won't judge you."

"Ah, that makes sense," I say, nodding in understanding.
"I won't mention this to anyone, I swear. Except for maybe you. And Yoongi hyung," the raven haired Slytherin promises, holding up both hands, palms facing out. "And myself if I'm feeling particularly insane."

His voice is smooth, quiet, and strangely melodic, with a pleasantly lilting quality to it. He's pale, unassuming, and average height, but I can already see that puberty is going to be kind to him. His eyes are a gentle brown, almond shaped and the right size for his face.

All in all, his appearance is pretty cute, and innocent looking.

"I know, I know," I say, smiling slightly, "if you're friends with Yoongi then you're basically awesome. He picks people carefully."
"That makes me sound like a gardener, and we both know that's more like you," my cousin grumbles, "you Hufflepuff."
"Just because I like being nice to people," I say defensively, "you certainly don't seem to complain when you're with Jimin hyung or Hobi hyung. They're in Hufflepuff too, you know. And I don't like Herbology. I prefer Defence Against the Dark Arts. We've been over this before."

Jungkook smiles a little. "That's my favourite," he says eagerly. "I've always thought Seokjin hyung was a fan of Divination, though. He's a Griffindoor, Head Boy. My older brother, I think you know him? That's why I mentioned him at all."
"Ah, Namjoon's boyfriend?" I say in return. Jungkook chuckles a little, nodding.

"The clumsy Prefect, that's what some call him," Yoongi mumbles, an amused glint in his eyes. "But he's really smart. He got into Ravenclaw for a reason. They say that if someone is confused by the riddle to get in, Namjoon will solve it in seconds for them. But he breaks everything. Jin hyung gets so annoyed, it's hilarious."

The three of us smile at the thought of it, then Jungkook perks up suddenly. "Oh, Tae hyung- can I call you hyung?" I nod immediately, smiling a little. "Tae hyung, let me repair your robes quickly." He takes his own wand out. "I know you're a higher level than me, but I figured that it would be a way of showing you that I really do mean no harm. That's all."