Beautiful Liar

(I don't really like this one.....but it's the only one in drafts so update on time I guess? I'll be more organised next week I swear it's just been a hectic few weeks and I've been focusing on other books :( plz forgive me. Oh and thank you wonders for 1K followers that's insane!! 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜)

My eyes go wide at the notification on my screen, and for a moment my heart stops, before I read it again and register that it's real.

V has finally finished his year hiatus. He's back. And he's going to give us a whole new album, a whole new set of merchandise, everything we could possibly want. I've missed his unique voice and songs, and his quirky concepts, despite the fact that I listen to his music literally every day. Somehow, a comeback makes it seem like he's still present.

Odd as it sounds.

This one is particularly thought-provoking, despite the fact that it's simply a set of teaser photos. It seems darker, much more philosophical. And I can't wait to see what he has to show us. There's also a fan meeting some time soon. I am determined to go (and I actually have money for once, so it's entirely possible).

This is my way of showing my support for the one artist I truly love, as a person and as a creator. His music is everything to me. It makes me happy, calms me down, allows me to ignore some of the worst parts of life without escaping completely. And it gives me an insight into the meaning of life for different people.

Some of my friends are also fans. I wouldn't have them if he didn't exist, if he didn't work in that industry. I have a lot to thank him for, in many ways. And this is my chance to finally express my gratitude toward him. After all, what other opportunity will I have?

"Mum, I'm going to a fan meeting in a few weeks," I announce at dinner, causing her to look up at me, surprised at the suddenness.
"You can afford it?"
"Yes. I can. I'll take the bus to the venue and then take it back again. If I get stuck, I'll call you and pay you for the petrol if I can."

She smiles slightly. "You don't need to pay for petrol, Jungkook. Sure, money is tight, but if it's in Busan I can afford to go a few extra miles to ensure that you're safe. Where is it? Are you going alone?"
"I was considering going with Jimin hyung," I say nervously, playing with my fingers. "He's willing to pay for his own ticket, and wants to go as well. It's safer, and-"

"Seems understandable," she interrupts, "as long as you realise that I'm unable to pick you up until after half six most days. And then it would have to be before nine. So otherwise you may need to ask Jimin's parents for a lift, or get the bus."
"I know. You're at work."

"If I could get the day off, I could try to figure out-"
"No, Mum, please don't. I know what your boss is like. And I don't want you to have to deal with that."
"I'm willing to, for you-"
"No, I should be okay."

She nods in understanding, her eyes softening a little. "It's the first time we'll be able to let you go," she says quietly, reaching for my emptied plate and placing it onto her own, leaning her other arm on the chair in order to start to stand up. I shake my head at her, standing up myself and taking both to the kitchen sink.

"Thank you, sweetie," she says gratefully, placing a hand on her temple and wincing slightly. "Sorry, I had a long shift last night." I nod in understanding.
"Your boss is a dick," I say bluntly.

She chuckles, shaking her head at me. "Watch your language, Jungkook," she says, only half seriously. "I know it's not ideal, but it's the only job I can get which earns enough to look after us."