Chapter Twenty Three

The figure they saw coming in made them all look attentively to see who it was,the person they saw made them freeze in surprise,they didn't expect the person,the person was smiling. Aunty Aisha looked at Ummu and said in a low tone; talking of the devil and the devil appears,wow!! I see regret on her face,maybe she's here to confess, she's smiling at us,hey Amaani don't show her you care too much,huh? Amaani nodded in agreement and mumbled; Okay.

It was Hajiya Ramla, she salamed and greeted Ummu and Mummy, and they answered her the way she greeted them and Amaani also greeted her and she answered her kindly and rubbing her back at the same time, Amaani felt insecure because she doesn't trust her anymore, Ummu and Mummy noticed Amaani's mood so they quickly cut Hajiya Ramla mid sentence and asked her about her family,Hajiya Ramla answered them and said; they are all fine. They were quiet for some moment before Hajiya Ramla broke the silence and said; Ermmm I...I..I !! She kept quiet,she started again but this time all their attention was on her,so the eyes she saw made her get ready to throw up what's in her mind,she started; "I'm sorry for what I've done in the past,it was a mistake and I know that nobody is above making mistakes in life, so I'm here to ask for your forgiveness and I hope you all will forgive me including my dear daughter in-law".

On hearing that Amaani's eyes bulged out and was surprised, Ummu and Mummy weren't comfortable with Hajiya Ramla's confession and apologies so they all stared at her awfully. Hajiya Ramla asked if they've accept her apologies but Amaani didn't answer because she remembered her two  Mother's command not to show Hajiya Ramla that she cares. Hajiya Ramla once more asked if she's forgiven, Ummu sighed and said; we forgive but we don't forget and Mummy also said; attitudes aren't changed all at the same time because you are given birth with it and you return to God with it,so that means your attitude represent you and who you are,we just have to watch you of you'd change for good,if you mean what you said! That's it!! Hajiya Ramla turned to Amaani and said; what about my daughter,has she forgiven me? Amaani smirked and Mummy said; we have said what she can't say,thats it!!  Hajiya Ramla thanked them and started getting ready to leave,she left few minutes after they've finished talking.

After Hajiya Ramla left, Ummu, Mummy and Amaani discussed things about Ramla's visit, Ummu said that she's never trust Ramla again,so Mummy and Amaani too. They all agreed only on giving her a second chance and they did,Ummu promised them that Hajiya Ramla would never change unless she's dead.

Amaani saw a message beeped on her notification which is from the university she gained admission at and it reads that she should go and start her registration which will close in two weeks time, Amaani informed Ummu and was very happy that she's all grown up, she decided on going for the registration the next day because by that time she has recovered fully and Ummu agreed. Mummy stood up in order to go home and do some things for her family,they said goodbye to each other, Amaani asked Mummy to extend her greetings to Daddy, Ya Ayman,Amal and Basma and Mummy replied her sweetly and she left.

Abbu came back from office and sat in the parlour,he called Amaani and she yelled and jumped on him like  a little spoilt brat,Ummu pouted and said; don't break my old husband's bone please,don't you know you're are stronger than him now,Amaani curled more on Abbu's body and said I ain't gonna break his bones,Abbu can back me and take a long walk,Abbu gestured a high-five and they slapped their hands together at shoulder height and laughed at Ummu, Ummu pouted and batted her eyelashes and Abbu knew that she was envying them,so he winked his eye at Ummu and wore a pity face,Abbu smiled and continued brushing his fingers through Amaani's hair and asking her about her day, Amaani told him that the registration has commenced and it'll end in a fortnight, Abbu told her not to worry,he'd make sure she does her registration in time, Amaani told him that she'd like to do it tomorrow and Abbu agreed with Amaani's decision, Ummu was still sitting on the accent chair staring at them,in her mind she was happy but her facial expression was a dramatic one,she has been pouting and batting her lashes at them. Abbu told Amaani that her phone is ringing somewhere and Amaani rushed to where she was hearing the ring tone,that gave Ummu and Abbu the chance to be together,Abbu stretched his hand forward in order for Ummu to come, she smiled so sweetly which made Abbu stood up and go to her place,he stretched his hand and they entwined their hands and walked to the bedroom.