Chapter Fourty Nine

She was still using her phone while in his arms when she dozed off to sleep due to the warm she felt, her phone started ringing and Ayman saw the caller ID which he guessed it was Ahmad, it was a video call so he picked the video call with Amaani on his chest, all he wanted was for Ahmad to see him with his beloved baby sleeping on his body in order to make him jealous. Ahmad picked the phone and started blabbering thinking it was Amaani and Ayman made him know that he was the one, they started talking and after they've finished talking he asked of Amaani, Ayman was tryna show Ahmad that Amaani was sleeping on his arms when someone suddenly grabbed the phone. The person quickly told Ahmad to hang up and then immediately ended the call. Ayman turned furiously only to see Laila gasping with eyes bulged out, he stood up and approached her furiously, he was about to talk when she raised her hands up in the air showing him to stop what he was tryna say. Laila in respect and calmness moved closer to her brother, sat him down calmly, poured water in the glass cup and passed it to him, she nodded her head approving him to collect it and gulp it down, so he did, sighed and relaxed before Laila started talking to him in a low tone full of respect, she was unable to look at him directly in the eye but glanced at him time to time while he relaxed with his arms folded around his chest, she started..... "Ya Ayman, I'm sorry for what happened, I interrupted your call and snatched Amaani's phone from you, it wasn't intentional but I had to do it, not because of me or because I want to make you sad or be rude to you, no! It's because of Amaani's relationship health, happiness and peace because she's in a happy and healthy relationship with Ahmad, they love each other so much that everyone that loves them and know what is right won't love to see them split, quarrel or fight. What do you think will happen if Ahmad had seen Amaani on your chest, there might be confusions and you will be the main culprit and it'll be so difficult for them to understand each other while they are far away from each other and what if he doesn't listen to her or she gets mad too in the process?? Do you think Amaani would ever forgive you and do you think Ahmad would ever forget what you would have done? Ya Ayman I want you to remember what Ahmad has done to you in the past, I don't need to remind you but a man who is good never forgets the good things that people did to him in life and I know you're a good man, so you'll never forget the goods that has happened in your life. Ya Ayman, Amaani is your cousin and also she's a sister to you, Ya Ayman you weren't so lucky to get to date Amaani because you confessed late while she has already given her heart to someone else and that was written by the Almighty, Ya Ayman, you love Amaani so much and everything she loves, but why are you trying to threaten her and make her life miserable? It's not right!! Ya Ayman we are just following our destiny, we are under God's control, we're following all he has written for us one after one because every moment in this life is with Allah's permission and will, we go through good and bad, ugly and beautiful situations all under His control, so why bother yourself about Amaani when you're a Muslim and you have Allah by your side everytime every moment? Why bother yourself when you have Allah who changes the most hopeless situation into the best in life, who give us what we don't want because he knows that it's the best for us and separate us with what we want because it's not the best for us?!! Allah Azzawajal is the best of planners and the all seer and hearer, so put your trust in Allah because he will make you happy at the end, he knows everything and sees everything and maybe he's testing your patience, this sadness is not forever, you'll be happy in the end Ya Ayman. Just a little more patience for a bunch of happinesses, you'll overcome it inshaALLAH, you'll be given the best maybe someone better than Amaani. But what if you two are destined to be?!"

Ayman quickly bulged out his eyes and his jaws dropping after hearing Laila last exclamation point where she said "what if you two are destined to be?!", The word kept repeating itself in his head several times before he remembered all that his youngest but sensible sister had told him, what she had said really digested in him and he didn't have the intentions of shouting at her but rather looked up to her, lifted up her face so she could look at him, he put her hands in his hands and started talking to her in a calm, polite and regretful way... "Laila there's no way I should be mad at you after telling the bitter and sweet truth at the same time, thank you for stopping me before I caused a big damage, Laila you know jealousy is similar to a disease which is sometimes incurable and unstoppable and you know I really love Amaani and I feel jealous whenever she's with someone other than me, even now that we're together I'm still worried because I know that she's never mine, besides, her bride price will be taken tomorrow and also her wedding date would be fixed immediately, things are going faster and i haven't started giving up on her because I always have a feeling that Amaani will somehow be mine in accordance to Allah's plan, that's why I've been having this feeling on not giving up on her, I tried my best to always get rid of the thought of Amaani and being jealous about her but it always becomes hard for me but with this sweet and truthful talk of yours, I am more than elated because it's hard to find someone who would tell you all these nowadays, I think it's only someone very close to you that loves you. Laila, your detailed exegesis gave me more power and strength and also you last word which will never go off my head "what if you two are destined to be?!".