Chapter Eighteen

The sight Amaan and Amaani saw made them shout and called out the doctors attention who were in a circle whispering some things among themselves,the doctors became surprised and quickly rushed to the patient,they were surprised to what they saw,Ayman was lying unconscious again,he was back to square one, he's not breathing well like before as a result of the defibrillator they used in him. The doctors were hopeless and weak,one of the doctors said; this patient will not wake up,he'll be dead in less than an hour,I have lost hope in his recovery and so also my colleagues, we've never attended to a patient who suffered like this and he is showing so many signs of death since,now all we have to do is to connect a medical ventilator to him and and wait for the stipulated time for his death. Can you all go outta the room and wait?? This is an ICU not a market square please,allow the patient to rest.

The family went out of the room all weak and hopeless,they all started crying except Abbu, Daddy and Ahmad who stood strong but in pains,Amaan was crying painfully while granny was taken out of the hospital to avoid her blood pressure from rising.

It was 10:55pm and still no progress,Ayman was in a life support machine known as medical ventilator which helps keeps oxygen flow throughout the body by pushing air into the lungs,Amaan,Amal,Ahmad and Amaani known as the young ones among the family members were permitted to enter the room and monitor Ayman who was lying unconsciously.

Mummy told them to be reciting "Kalimatush shahadah" for Ayman since he won't be able to recite it himself, Mummy has lost hope in Ayman's recovery but Daddy and the rest told her not to do so,Larai, Granny's maid and Mummy's maid were outside in the garden consoling granny. All the family members were weak and hopeless,other family members have started to gather in the hospital, Mummy checked her time and said; it's few minutes time left for my beloved son,she turned to Laila and asked her to continue praying for their brother,she consoled them and she continued praying. Ummu turned to her sister and said; Aishatu,stop saying it's few minutes left for Ayman,the doctors aren't God,so we should have full faith in Allah not on the creatures that Allah created,Abbu, Daddy and other members who heard her quickly said; Yes yes,it's true Maryama.

Mummy was very happy and became strong whenever she remembers Ummu's words,she continued praying to Allah to change the most hopeless situation into the best.

The doctor entered the patient's room and saw the waves on the life supporting machine going straight without moving in zigzags,he started getting ready to unplug the machine and luckily the waves started moving in zigzags,he was really surprised and thought that this patient's sickness has to do with spiritual issues,now the patient has started breathing well and the doctor thought that he doesn't needs an oxygen and medical ventilator,so he unplugged everything and left the patient without any help of a machine. Suddenly,after some moments of silence,Ayman's body started to move again,he was moving very well and good this time,every part of his body is moving,he opened his eyes and closed it,maybe the brightness is too much for him,so Amaani brought a dark glasses from her bag and wore it on Ayman's face,now he opened his eyes very well and from all indications he was feeling strong,the figure he saw in front of him made his face became puzzled and surprised,it was the face he was thinking about before the accident, it was no other person but Amaani,he smiled at Amaani and was attempting to call her name, he stretched out his hand forward and started stammering; Amaa...Amaa...Amaani!! Amaani in a crying voice said; yes yes Ayman, how are you feeling now?? He told her to stop crying that he is here right beside her. He asked Amaan who has been staring at them with his shiny teary eyes to come forward and the three hugged each other. He looked at Ahmad who was standing and at the same time staring at them and smiled at him,Ahmad smiled back,Ayman remembered Ahmad's face,he remembered that he was the guy he saw proposing to Amaani in the restaurant before the accident happened,Ayman asked himself what Ahmad was doing in the hospital and at the same time in his room but he left the questions to himself which he'll surely ask his family.