Chapter Sixty Two

Seconds, minutes, hours and days passed and Amaani and Amal would commence their lectures the next day which will be 5th of October. It was a cold evening and Ummu has gotten ready and was in front of the console mirror while Abbu was seated on the couch using his phone, they waited patiently for Amaani, Amal and Laila who were doing things slowly because they didn't wanna go home.
Ummu checked the time on her swavrosky wristwatch and see that they are taking too much time, so she majestically walked to Amaani's room, she knocked the door and on hearing no response, she entered the room in a hurry and there, she was shocked after seeing them, she quickly bent in front of them and asked "I've been waiting for you girls to come out and look, y'all are ready but why you crying??". The girls continued sniffing before Ummu asked them again, now in a serious voice "I'm asking you, why are you crying, Amaani, Amal and laila?? Answer me".

They continued sniffing before Laila said amidst sniffs "Ummu, Amaani doesn't want us to leave and we don't wanna leave either, please call mummy and plead with her that we wanna continue staying behind, we ain't tired of staying here with you guys please". Laila bursted out and continued crying.
Amal hugged Laila and comforted her while she cries too, Amaani joined them too in the hug.
Ummu was emotional and heartbroken by the sight in front of her, tears welled up in her eyes but she didn't let them flow, in her mind she said "I like our children's bond and I'm happy they will grow just like us by God's will".
Ummu moved closer to them and and sat beside them on Amaani's bed and said "taking you home is not my doing, I don't want you to go home because I would never get tired of seeing you all around me, I wish you could stay here with me forever but unfortunately Ayman called me and told me that mummy said that y'all should come back home because Amal would be commencing her lectures tomorrow, so that's it".
The girls all looked up in surprise and shock and Laila said "Ummu, Ayman can do anything for us to return home because I know that he's missing us too much that he no more enjoys staying in the house without us that's why he decided to bring up this".

"Are you sure Laila? Are you sure that Ayman will do this all for you two to return home??". Ummu asked.

"No I don't think Ya Ayman would do this". Amal said.

Amaani in her mind murmured... "That guy is dangerous and naughty at times, I dunno what's wrong with him, he can do more than that".

"Ummu just call Mummy and hear it from her, pleeaaseee". Laila said desperately.

Ummu brought out her phone from her handbag and quickly dialled mummy's number, she put it on speaker and Mummy picked immediately.
They greeted each other before Ummu said "Mummy I want to confirm something".

"Yes go on Ummu, say it". Mummy said.

"Why did you want Amal and Laila to come back home, Ayman called me earlier. You've never done something like this to me, thought they are my children too or have I done something wrong to you?". Ummu asked worriedly.

"What??? Maryam why should I do this?? If Amal and Laila would spend forever in your house I'll never call them back or show that I want them to come back home because we are one. I know the reason why Ayman did this, the reason is he's gonna stay alone in the house throughout the week because we ain't in town, we left for Abuja this morning and perhaps I told Ayman to come stay with you all if he finds it difficult to stay alone in the house". Mummy explained.

Ummu didn't get angry but laughed either, she said "Ayman can be dramatic at times, why on Earth would he do this?? Okay then I'll call him right away, he'll stay with us too till you come back home, I wish you safe and my regards to Daddy please".

"Okay sure Ummu, do take care of yourself please and please make sure Ayman stays with you and make sure you scold him for telling lies". Mummy said and giggled.