Chapter Thirty Seven

Ummu entered her parlour with Amaani following her behind, Ummu's face was neither positive nor negative and Amaani's face too was thesame. On seeing Ummu, Aunty Leems and Aunty Deejah quickly adjusted their sitting position, they all knew that it wasn't fine since she and Amaani were both called, Aunty Deejah looked at Amaani a questioning look and Amaani shook her head and winked at her, meaning she would tell her everything when they move aside. Aunty Leems knew that Ummu has mixed feelings from looking at her face so she looked straight at Ummu's face and Ummu smirked, she stood up and said; Yaya Maryam, hope everything is alright? "Yes" she said sighfully. Amaani go bring me a glass of water, Ummu ordered. Amaani stood up and went straight to the kitchen in order to bring water for her Mum, while amaani was away, Ummu told her two sisters what happened, there was some moments of silence while Ummu was narrating everything to her sisters but immediately she finished narrating everything to them,they shouted; impossible!! Ummu looked at them in surprise and said; would you lower your voice before they hear us there! Look here Halima and Khadija, I have no power over this that's why I keep burying it with a smile but I surrender my worries to the King of kings, the owner of the world and the humans in it, the king of power and all, Allah knows the situation I am in as a mother and he knows the best that's why!! If Allah wills Amaani to marry Ahmad then nobody would stop her and if he wills her to marry someone else too then that's what he wants,mine is to continue praying because this thing has passed beyond my thinking, her father encourages it and as a mother and a wife who doesn't want to spoil the reputation and dignity of our family in front of in-laws that's why I kept quiet and later on I realized that keeping quiet is the best for me because her Dad encourages this 100% and he encouraged her too and the reason why I wasn't mad about the decision was that, Amaani loves Ahmad and she wouldn't love anything that doesn't like him and at the end if they get married and she remembered that I never liked the decision she'd somehow dislike me too and I don't want that to ruin our family's bond, as you can remember the first day she told me about him, I started a fight in the dining room without a reason and Abbu was mad at me about that and so also the children. I never liked the decision they made earlier today but I put my trust in Allah he'd take care of everything, the girl is ready to leave with a co-partner despite her being a jealous person, love is indeed blind!!
His mother was an evil woman, she caused it, but thanks to Allah she has regretted everything she has done in the past and the reason why I respect Ahmad so much is because of Ayman! He saved Ayman with the help of Allah when Ayman was in a very critical and helpless condition, he was at the accident scene of Ayman that night, he saved my dear son Ayman, if to say without Ahmad, Ayman wouldn't have been alive by now because of the blood that was rushing down from his head, thanks to Allah and Ahmad also, Ahmad earns my respect.
Aunty Leems said; deep down inside my mind, my body is telling me that Amaani isn't gonna marry Ahmad, destiny would make a big turn on this and before then we all should continue praying and never show it to the girl because she's innocent and young. Aunty Deejah sighed on hearing what her sisters finished saying and she added that may Allah choose what is best for Amaani and when Allah chooses the best y'all would be comfortable with his decision. Ummu was comfortable with all they said before said; Aisha needs to hear this, you know she'd be so shocked about this issue but she won't say anything if she hears that Abbu is backing the decision, she would keep quiet for sure, Aunty Leems and Deejah laughed at Ummu and said; Yaya Aisha is so dramatic, she told us that she'd come later in evening.

Amaani came in with a tray containing a bowl of ice,cups and four bottled water,Ummu looked at Amaani a stern look and asked her why it took her so long to bring water and in a trembling voice full of fright and innocence,Amaani told Ummu that she saw them discussing something serious and she doesn't want to interrupt their conversation, Ummu asked her again in an angry voice; were you eavesdropping on our conversation? "N..N..N..Noo Ummu i wasn't eavesdropping, I stopped when I saw that the conversation was serious". Amaani stammered. She dropped the tray on the table with her hands shaking and her lips trembling, accidentally Amaani dropped a glass cup on thr carpeted floor but lucky for it didn't break,she picked the cup and placed it back on the tray, her Mum was sending deadly and fierce glares to her and Amaani apologized in a trembling voice full of quiver and vibration, her lips were trembling while she was apologizing, she intended to sit with her Aunties and Mum in the parlour but her mum's mood and sudden change didn't allow her to do that, so she walked weakly out of the parlour to her room. Aunty Leems and Deejah were shocked by Ummu's behavior towards Amaani and they advised her to stop doing it to her, it won't bring change, she should just put her faith in Allah he'd bring it through, Aunty Deejah added that if Ummu continues being like this Amaani would be a solitudinarian and she would start to be a loner and at the end would enjoy no one's company,she would be doing things that you don't know about which is too bad, so please don't continue this behavior towards Amaani, the girl is innocent and kind-hearted, she doesn't deserve to be treated this way Sis. Ummu heard what her sisters said and promised to change her new behavior towards her daughter.