Chapter Seventy Two

The next day.

At 7:00am, Abbu and Amaan got ready to leave for Portharcourt for Amaan's interview, Ummu who happens to be the one to drive them to the airport got ready and served them breakfast, they ate silently until when Amaani came and brought life to them, she started blabbering about her finished project which will be presented on that morning, indeed Amaani was very happy and so her family members rejoiced with her.
"All thanks to Allah for making our plans go as planned, Amaani is about to finish her University and also her wedding is in few weeks, we're glad about that". Abbu said gracefully.

"Yes Abbu, we thank God for everything as the big and long awaited day is approaching us, my sweetest and only daughter is about to get hitched, congratulations my love". Ummu said.

"Congratulations Amaani for the approved project and I hope you present it well by Allah's will and also congratulations as your biggest day is approaching". Amaan said.

Amaani was amazed by the congratulations from all sides, she was excited to the extreme and so, she stood up from her seat and overwhelmed each of them in a big hug and peck on the cheek.
Indeed it was a beautiful scene to see.

She returned back to her seat, sipped some hot chocolate and said "Amaan, I wish you the very best in your interview and other interviews to come, may you always succeed in life and may you always be happy and blessed, positivity is coming your way Insha Allah and may we live to witness your wedding with sis Basma". Amaani winked and blushed.

Amaan shook his head and then said "Ameen".
Abbu and Ummu too said "Ameen" in unison.

"And to you two" Amaani turned to her parents.
"I wish you two a long life and prosperity in good health and Iman, may you live long to see us succeeding, may you be blessed entirely in your life and may your bond never be broken and may our faces meet in Jannatul Firdaus, Ameen".

"Ameen ya Allah". They all said in unison.

Amaani said goodbye to them and left, she sat in the backseat and Malam Lawal drove the car off.

It was almost past 7:30 and their flight will takeoff by 8:15, they quickly rounded up.

They left the house at 7:35, Amaan demanded on driving the car to the airport but Ummu refused to give him the car keys and insisted that she will drive them off.

On their way, they talked about Amaani's wedding and lots more.

They arrived at the airport at 7:50 and walked to the departure, they said goodbye to Ummu and Ummu prayed for them and watched them as they queue into the aeroplane. She waved them goodbye as she saw them takeoff. She said "May Allah be with you all". She then sighed.

She entered her car and drove off, on her way, she called her sisters and Mrs Tahir a conference call and they planned the wedding but in the end, they concluded on coming over in the afternoon.

She called Mummy and told her about their meeting later in the day and Mummy agreed to come over. Ummu asked Mummy if she has given Amal the herbs and mummy told her that she gave it to her when they came to say goodbye. The two sisters talked about other things before they hang up.

Ahmad.
Ahmad was too busy with work and the wedding arrangements, he didn't call Amaani that morning but instead, he texted her and prayed for her about her project defense. Fahad and Ahmad left work during break hours and went to Ahmad's house in Sultan road. The house is a duplex and well constructed both in the interior and exterior with expensive wares.

Ahmad snapped pictures of the finished house and sent them to Amaani via WhatsApp and said "Hello my beautiful princess, I know that you're busy with your project defense right now, but I want you to have a glimpse of this house which is gonna be yours in the next few weeks and I hope you like it?". He sent the message excitedly.