Chapter Fifty Eight

Amaani woke up feeling less tired after the wonderful night rest she had, It was a beautiful, cool and hazy morning, the harmattan dusty breeze blew her curtains and the lights of dawn seeped into her room, she rubbed her bleary eyes and walked to the window, there was a pearly glow and haziness in the sky. She admired the weather very much. It was 5:10am and was time for Fajr, Amaani moved to the bathroom, brushed her teeth and performed ablution she came out and spreaded the praying rug and started praying. After praying she poured her heart out to Allah and did some adhkars, she stood up from her bed and picked her phone from her bed, she saw two missed calls from Ahmad and a missed voice call on WhatsApp, she hissed and threw the phone on her bed. She yawned and mummured "I told you not to call me or talk to me again, you are a fool". She hissed and curled up under her soft comfy duvet.

Ahmad.
Ahmad woke up from sleep and was happily getting ready for office when Amaani's thought came flooding his head, he stopped what he was doing and started imagining Amaani and hearing her voice in his head, he then remembered what Fahad had told him and then he frowned and squeezed his eyes. He was ready for office, he was looking good and breathtaking, he picked his Valentino briefcase and wore his Valentino shoes and worked out of the room looking perfect in his black suit pants, white packet shirt, black and brown necktie and his ironed suit on his left hand. Ahmad was smelling Prada perfume and it all surrounded the atmosphere.
He was almost outta time, so he asked their housemaid to arrange his breakfast in the basket, she did that and took it to his car. No one was awake, so he moved out of the house and drove off to the office.

Ayman.
On the other hand, Ayman has finished working out in his mini gym at home, he quickly took his bath and got ready for office, he wore a grey suit pants, a white packet shirt which fitted his well built body, a grey waistcoat, a black necktie and a grey suit, he wore a Dior shoe and briefcase along with his Apple watch and his airpods on both ears. His beard well carved, full and trimmed and his haircut in lowcut style. He worked out of his room, went straight to the dining room and quickly pouted some tea, he gulped it down and picked a malt drink from the fridge and picked some wrapped pancakes he saw on the table and left. He drove off in mummy's Mercedes-Benz C350 because his car is with the mechanic.

Amaani.
It was past 10am in the morning, Amaani woke up tired free and said her waking Du'as, she brushed her teeth, checked her notifications and walked out of her room holding her phone. She perceived the aroma of the aromatic food Ummu is preparing for breakfast, she went straight to the kitchen where she knew Ummu was, she found her Mum there and Amaani smiled on seeing Ummu, Ummu smiled back at her princess before Ummu said in a fulani sophisticated accent
"Noi??" (How are you) Ummu asked.
"Mido jam, anbo??" (Am fine, you) Amaani asked.
"Mido jam" (Am fine) Ummu said.
They finished greeting each other before Amaani sat and said...

"What is my Ummu preparing for us this morning? It's aromatic".
Ummu smiled and said "it's yam fritters, grilled fish and sauce".

"Ummmm yummy yummy yum yum" said Amaani.

They all laughed and continued talking while Amaani helped her in preparing the sauce.
In few minutes they completed everything and took it to the dining were they sat down to eat. Abbu has left for office so it was Amaani and Ummu alone in the dining room. Amaani suggested that they go and eat in the sitting room instead of the dining room and Ummu agreed. Larai helped them in moving the dishes to the parlour, they ate quietly with Amaani using her phone.

Amaani told Ahmad not to call her nor talk to her but deep inside her she wants him to stick and cling to her at hat time, she checked her notifications again and still didn't see Ahmad's morning text nor missed call. She felt really bad and wished to see his call again. She felt like calling him at that time but she thinks he will look down on her or say she stoop to her words, so she made up her mind to ignore him and wait for him till he comes back to her.