Chapter 41: Bloody Mist: Part 1: Report of Past

"HYAAAAHHHHH!!"

How she hated right now that storm had to come her way as she was making her way back to the monastery. The only reason she was flying at a dangerous speed was to give her final report on the matter of the rebellion Lord Lonato has caused. As much as she respects the man and has even worked with him in the past, she is not happy about innocent civilians getting involved!! The worst thing was when Lizard overheard the damn conversation going on between the leader of the Western Church and him. But she knew damn well that the Western Church is nothing but a scapegoat for whoever truly is pulling the strings.

"Pipipipipi!!" Lizard chirped frantically as her wyvern only snorted as it flew much faster than it should.

Sandy was a proud Almyran who knew the ways of flying. Let it be wyverns, pegasus, griffons, kinshi, giant vultures, or even a damn dragon if they were real, they were the experts of the skies because when flying, they became one with their unit. Her disguise was undone and now her clothing was soaked to the bone, her hair flying everywhere as she hurried as fast as she could. She heard loud wings flapping close by and to her right, a feral grin on her lips as she saw what the creature was.

"Perfect timing!!" She laughed as her wyvern gave her a look of "You got to be kidding me?!" Along with Lizard, she should give him a name soon.

"Now Urt," Sandy chuckled, "You know what to do!!! Time to take the vulture!!! Hyyyaaa!!" She yelled and her wyvern roared loudly, the 3 headed straight at the vulture.

It was a fucken suicidal move and she loved every second of it.

[--------]

"Hey Teach. On the way, you and Alexandra seemed transfixed by the canyon." Claude said as they walked into the monastery, the other students went their separate ways along with Manuela and Hanneman. The only ones left were the four house leaders as well as the 4 friends.

"Did something happen there? We did hear you got attacked." Lestia said as she placed her hand on her hip.

"On our way there, I had a chance to observe the Red Canyon....Did any of you notice anything?" Edelgard said and Dimitri spoke.

"Now that you mention it....." He placed his hand on his chin, in his thinking mode, "There were several ruins that were more curious each time we walked deeper. Especially since considering the rest of you found us underneath one of them." Dimitri said as he looked back up to them.

"Not only that," Lestia said, "The architecture style didn't match any of the ones of our nations. Not even Fodlan....Duscur...even Sreng...." she muttered as she took her journal and looked at a few pages.

"To us, it looked familiar." Alexandra said and Claude looked over to her confused.

"Familiar.....huh. Can't say it was the same for us. Maybe it's a memory from when you were a child. Or a past life." Claude said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Chris and Arisa shared a glance then back to the leaders.

"Interesting way of seeing it." Edelgard said "However, back to ruins. The valley's civilization must have flourished and fallen in the distant past, long before the Empire was established. Who do you think lived there?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"Surely the people of Fodlan lived there. Perhaps even the ancient Clans like the people of Selkie or Volouria. Even fae. After all, their stories say they have lived here in these lands before the Goddess of Fodlan arrived." Dimitri said.

"By the way, how did Zanado come to be called the Red Canyon?" Claude said.

"I can tell you that." The group turned as they saw Dwyer heading their way.