Chapter 47: Bloody Grail: Part 1: Abyss

All over the street, shinning the old neon

In endless rain, what have you become?

How many times, I want to wake you up

Given you up, go up on my own way alone.

Who are we? How far have we gone?

Let us heal the misery and plant the seed we ever promised

Time is up! Go grab your arms!! No matter how hard we have been

we shall fight for-E-ver!! Oohhooo~

I hear it from no one. It occurred to me the old world...

It may have said no word.

But I have to keep knowing:

I hear it from no one. It occurred to me in the old world.

It may have no word, but I have to keep knowing~

- Dream -

Dark.

It was dark

The scent of iron filled the air.

Silent.

Pitter patter.

The rain dropped hard.

The sky wept.

The earth wept.

"Where am I?"

Chris was silent as he walked through a dark battlefield littered in bodies all over the place. Soldiers from the Kingdom. Pegasus knights from the Alliance. Armor knights from the Empire. War Monks from Sreng. Wyvern riders from Almyra. Dark Fliers from Morfis. Mages from Albinea. Swordsman from Dadga. Priest of the Church of Serios. The list continues as he continues to walk. He was silent as the path was endless yet.....he could see some light up ahead. The sound of clashing was heard, and Chris immediately recognized that color of gold. He ran towards it and stopped when he saw who was fighting who. Covered in blood from head to toes, their clothing had tears and burns. They looked exhausted yet refused to stop fighting.

"Hubert go!!" Beleth, or should he say, male Byleth, yelled at Hubert, who was holding his arms an unconscious Edelgard and.....a child was in her arms. A little boy with brown hair but had teal colored eyes.

"Byleth, I cannot leave you behind!! You are Lady Edelgard's husband!!!" Hubert yelled as he quickly used a shield to protect himself.

Beleth gritted his teeth towards the forest. Chris immediately turned and felt sick to his stomach as corpses of people as well as soldiers he knew walked the earth, covered in dark magic. The one leading this army of fallen soldiers was Claude. A cruel smirk the Reign Leader had as his eyes glowed red. Black and purple energy surrounded him. The dark version of Failnaught was in his hands. Yet his clothing was a much darker version. That of the Barbarossa class.

"Fallen......" Chris muttered as Hubert took one final look to the army, his eyes landed on Bernadetta, who cried tears of blood as she wailed. Her skin is pale blue.

The black hair man gritted his teeth and warped away. A bit of relief filled Beleth as his friend, wife and son were now gone to safety. He needed to focus. So many things went wrong in this timeline and he did not understand why. This should have been the last one. Everyone was finally able to live yet why? This was number 899. What the hell was going on? But that didn't matter right now. Looks like he will be forced to reset once more if things go wrong again.