Chapter 45: Godess's Song: Part 2: Preperations

Her body felt like it was on fire as she gritted her teeth, trying not to scream as the agony spread all across her body. It has been four years since she felt such a powerful magic shift, this bad. She withered around, her voice cracking, almost screaming as she felt her heartbeat unnaturally. The voices all around her were muffled, her vision hazy. Her fingers held onto her blankets for dear life, knuckles turning white as she gritted her teeth. Voices, voices, voices. She can hear them. Sothis voice whispered smoothly to her, trying to help her. Yet, tears fell from her eyes as she tried to call out her name but instead, she screamed the name in pure agony and desperate.

"MOOOOTTTHHHEEEERR!!!!" Her voice was a piercing scream that made Manuela, Flayn, Mercedes, Silque, Marianne, Annette and Linhardt run back to her quickly, casting a Heal and Restore spell on her.

The four lords were kicked out of the Professors room but her screams for them, the rest of the students, and her friends, was haunting.

"T-This....is a magic shift...?" Lestia was the first to choke out while Chris let go of a sigh.

"It is....." he muttered as he walked up close to the door.

He was glad Jeralt was away on a mission and Sandy also. Arisa would not want to see her like this. Emily went to get some help because she said this magic shift felt dangerous for some reason.

"I...I....." Dimitri could barely speak as the screams came again, many flinched.

"Is the Professor still in the phase?!" Chris turned and quickly Amir and Alexandra stood in front of the door to Arisa's room.

"She is. Lady Rhea, we ask that you do not disturb Manuela and the team." Chris said Rhea arrived with Seteth.

The man flinched as another agonizing scream was heard and he immediately knew what it was. Rhea shook her head as she raised her hand, showing a small vial. Chris raised an eyebrow as the Archbishop spoke.

"I know the agony of those magic shifts. That is why this medicine was specifically created for these." Rhea said and expected Chris to move but no.

The man extended his arms and spoke.

"I'm sorry but no. We're waiting for Emily to bring the help she promised." Chris said and many could not believe he just denied the Archbishop entry.

"Christian, please move. This will help her!! We don't have much time!" Seteth said and Chris shook his head.

"No....Don't. Medicine will not help. I speak from experience." Chris said and Rhea gritted her teeth.

"Boy, move!!!" She said that's when Christian snapped.

"I SAID NO RHEA!!! I'M DOING EVERYTHING IN MY POWER BY SHARING THE PAIN MY SISTER IS GOING THROUGH!!! DO NOT DARE ARGUE WITH ME!!" He yelled and everyone was frozen.

"Sharing......her....pain...." Edelgard whispered and Chris smiled weakly.

"When she.... enters a magic shift.....I...also enter it.....I'm trying really hard....not to....break right now...." and Dimitri felt it.

The magic auras, both of Arisa and Chris, were out of control. Rhea could not believe what she was hearing and right when she was going to physically have him removed...

"I AM HERE!!! I'M SORRY I'M LATE!!"

Back to her regular appearance, Emily ran down the hallway, a painting mess she was as she carried her staff she had just retrieved, not caring the wide eyes her two siblings had as they stared at her staff.

"Ha....ha....I...gulp....brought....haaaaa....help!!" She panted as she placed her hands on Seteth's shoulder for support.

"Tch. You've grown out of shape Emma." A deep male voice spoke as everyone heard footsteps approaching, turning to see the male.