this is why i cant love you

avani
i've been thinking about billie ever since we got into this huge fight at dons party. i can admit i was drunk .. way over the limit . and i screwed up . but she knows what i've been through.. i just keep rewinding to that night.. the night.

flashback
the flashing lights and the people yelling and laughing having fun all throughout the house. i grasp my drink tighter and tighter as i take another swing hesitantly .. i look to my side and see billie waving and smiling at people .

"oh hey babe i'm gonna go say hey to jen and mark" she says smiling

i nod and she runs off.. i wander around trying to find something to occupy myself with until i see it .. marco .. my abusive ex boyfriend .. i had forgotten about him until now .. and there he was licking lips with my ex best friend.. alexis . typical bitches. i would usually not care but tonight i decided to chug the rest of my drink and another .. until i felt tipsy enough to go find someone ..

i wobble around upstairs until i open a room door with paxton inside ..

"oh - i- i'm sorry" i spurr

he realizes i'm drunk and nods at me telling me to come sit down and relax ..

i've always liked paxton .. i don't know why i've never made a move .. but tonight was different.. i pulled him close .. and kissed him .. he pulled away after a couple minutes and said

"what about billie"

oh shit. i forgot about billie

"oh no keep going don't worry about me" i hear a familiar voice say from the door .

"billie i'm sorry i don't kn" she stops me from talking by putting her hand up .

"and this is why i can't love you"