S1 E8.1: Flower Girl

Buffy's POV

Flowers burst up from between the stones that line the pathway leading up to the white wood doors. The roof of the building is arched with rustic pillars carved with a floral pattern. I bet inside will be just a nice.

Marty and I walk with Cara between us, holding both our hands, while Brayden and Andreas trail behind.

"Wow," I breathe. "Iris and Libby really picked a beautiful venue for their wedding."

Suddenly, I realize the amount of weight on my arm is beyond normal, and I glance down to see Cara hanging from my hand and Marty's, letting her feet drag behind her as we pull her.

"Cara, walk," I order.

"But it's like a ride!"

"You either walk now, or you walk home," Marty tells her.

"I'm okay with that," the girl replies.

"Stop it. You're gonna rip your dress," I say.

She plants her feet on the ground and lets go of our hands. Thankfully, her white, lacy dress appears to be in tact.

"Jayda says they're not called rips," Cara says. "It's called distressed, and it's fashionable."

"Sweetie, there shouldn't be anything distressed at weddings," I state. "That's for divorces. You're the flower girl. You need to keep your dress clean until the wedding, okay?"

"Okay," Cara answers with a pout.

To my left, I notice TJ and Cyrus's family walking from the parking lot up to us. TJ swings his keys around his finger before clutching them again and giving us a nod.

"Cara, wanna roll down a hill to kill time?" TJ suggests.

A smile splats onto my girl's face as she runs up to her uncle, and he crouches down to let her hop onto his back for a piggyback, but I go up to pull her off, shaking my head.

Jayda's POV

With my arms crossed and mouth in a closed smile, I saunter over to Andreas on the pathway. He has his eyes on me as I approach, but my eyes are on his pine green tie that he's paired with his black suit.

"Nice tie," I compliment. "I like the green."

"It's green?" Andreas responds, looking down in surprise. "I thought it was brown."

"Right," I remember. "I forgot you were colourblind. Well, you're lucky it's green, because brown would've clashed bad with the black suit."

"Hey, guys," Marty calls out, getting our attention, "why don't you two go inside and see if anyone needs help with decorations."

"Sure thing," Andreas responds, and the two of us head for the doors.

________________________________________

Andi's POV

I'm already in my own sage-coloured dress that reflects light down the whole skirt to the floor, the same one that all the bridesmaids are wearing, and now I'm helping Libby put the embroidered veil into her updo in the small room that she's able to change in before her wedding. Once I'm finished clipping it into her hair, the girl turns to face the standing mirror, and her hands come up to cover her mouth as she stares at herself in awe. Her dress has a vintage look to it, with embraoidered white flowers all the way down the train, and long sleeves that stop before her shoulders to show a bare collarbone that she's bedazzled with a gold necklace. Hazel looks from where she's sitting on a chair behind me, just as wowed as the bride herself.