S4 E3.1: Colleges and Collages

A/N: Surprise. I couldn't leave y'all there. 

Andreas's POV

Brayden's in our room when I get home. His laptop creates the only light at this time of night, making his pupils go small even though the rest of the room is pitch black. When I get to my bed, every one of my muscles gives up, and I fall onto my back like an icicle shattering on cement, still trying to process the events of earlier. 

We're broken up. It doesn't make sense in my head or out loud. I repeated that fact while driving home from Jayda's house, but it might as well be in German. I went over to her house to see my girlfriend, and instead she tells me she's not that anymore. Like, what the hell? 

"I don't normally care," Brayden says, suddenly reminding me that he's here, "but you appear distraught."

"I think... I have no frickin clue what the hell just happened."

"Oh, so nothing out of the ordinary," Brayden mutters like his smart-ass self. 

"I think Jayda just dumped me," I tell him. 

That makes him actually care, at least enough to look at me in surprise. 

"What did you do?" he asks. 

"Nothing!" I reply a bit too angrily. 

I stop to let myself calm down, but it's long enough that Brayden thinks of an explanation. 

"Perhaps you did misunderstand then," he suggests. "It wouldn't be surprising."

Normally, I'd be annoyed by how he thinks I'm too dumb to understand anything, but in this case, I'm hoping he's right. If being an idiot would make me still Jayda's boyfriend, then I want to be that so bad. 

"Yeah," I mumble, trying to be hopeful. "Maybe she was just...angry? Like, she couldn't mean it." My voice seems to get soaked up by the room like a black ink spill. "I hope."

________________________________________

Wyatt's POV

"Okay, everyone listen up!" Mr. Nelson shouts to our chattering class. "Kyle, no one cares what you think of Laine's haircut. Close your mouth and be nice. Bradley, put your chips away. This isn't a Chipotle."

Everybody shuts up, and I drop my paper that I'm been trying to fold into a coyote. Jake and Cody are better at being still than I am. They don't move at all in their desks beside me, but I end up reaching for the paper again, continuing the art while our teacher speaks. 

"I'm assigning you a project. You and a partner I pair you with will have to make a presentation on the dangers of alcohol."

"Presentations are ableist," Mira says from the back corner of the classroom.

I guess Mr. Nelson doesn't hear it, because he carries on unaffected. "Okay, Taylor, you're with Gabby. Martin and Steve. Wyatt and Hiral..."

I stop listening there, turning to my friends to whisper, "Hiral? Man, she's gonna make me do work."

"Man, that sucks," Jake responds, but he's smiling because of his own situation. "I got Avery, so I'll be free all week."

Suddenly, Avery spins around in her chair two rows ahead of Jake and says, "Don't think I'm gonna do the whole project for you. And if you don't try, I will be requesting you get a zero."

She turns back ahead, and Jake groans. 

"At least you're not stuck with Kyle," Cody grumbles.