S4 E4.3: Wonderland

Brayden's POV

Earlier today, Kelsey, Linny, and I agreed to go to the Spoon once Linny and Hazel are done in the art room. When Kelsey and I step through the doorway, we see that Linny and Hazel are putting away their materials, and three giant flower shapes takeover the floor, their glue translucent, half-dry.

"Hey, the janitor says he's gonna kick us out soon," Kelsey says, "so are you almost done?"

"Yeah," Linny replies. "We're just cleaning up."

My cousin ducks under a flower petal on her way to wash a yogurt container lid at the sink. There are three blossoms: one resembling a daisy, one a rose, and the last a generic one that could probably turn out to be a violet once painted.

"Those look spectacular," I compliment.

"Thanks," Linny responds.

"We still need to paint them," Hazel says. Then she looks at Linny, asking, "Are you okay with meeting again tomorrow?"

"Yes," Linny answers eagerly.

A deep blush clouds my friend's face as she hurries to finish putting away the leftover rings of wire.

"Perfect," Hazel responds.

"Thank you again for helping with this," I tell Hazel.

"No problem. It was pretty fun, especially with Linny here."

Hazel gives Linny a glance before opening the cabinet doors to put the glue away, and Linny smiles, looking down, trying to hide it. After she picks up her sketchbook and pencil case, she makes her way over to Kelsey and me by the door, the blush in her smiley cheeks still holding strong.

Kelsey narrows her eyes and questions, "Are you overheating or something?"

Kelsye might as well have just tossed red paint at Linny's face.

The girl gets flustered as she replies, "What? I'm fine. I'm gonna finish cleaning up."

Linny retreats, dropping her books back on the table, now going over to adjust a jar of paintbrushes that I'm pretty sure she didn't even use. Kelsey and I both exchange a curious glance but don't verbalize our thoughts.

________________________________________

Amber's POV

I climb out of TJ's car, my heels clacking on the concrete driveway of my cousin's house. It's a big house in a suburban neighbourhood. Pointed roof, white exterior. It's identical to every other house on the street, the only difference being the mailbox colour, which is a lime green. Their front yard is home to several plants, which are all bare at this time of year and sprinkled in snow.

"When did they get a garden gnome?" TJ wonders as he walks behind me up to the front door.

I ignore the question, ringing the doorbell. Cyrus takes TJ's hand, both to keep it warm and to comfort him, since he can tell that my brother is nervous. I'm not as worried as him, since I'm honestly already expecting the gift to be something stupid, but Andi places her hand on my shoulder anyway.

TJ doesn't even wait a full five seconds before saying, "Well, damn. We'll try again another time."

Immediately after TJ leaves the porch, Ivy opens the door, and Cyrus pulls TJ back up the stairs.

"Oh, look," Cyrus says, "we just needed to be patient."

Cyrus flashes TJ a smile, and TJ lets out a sigh.

"Oh, you actually came," Ivy says in surprise. "I wasn't expecting that."

"That sounds promising," I mutter dryly.