S3 E7.2: Classic

Hazel's POV

Brayden is shaking his head as Fatima and Aimée enter the house, Aimée with a bag full of hair products. Cara's eyes glow wide as she admires Aimée's pink hair. Brayden is, of course, not impressed.

"I can't believe you," he mutters to me. "I wanted you to stop her, not bring in reinforcements to encourage her."

"Are these your friends?" Cara asks me.

"Yeah," I respond.

"Okay," Aimée says, bringing the bag over to Cara to peek into. "I've got yellow, orange, green, and pink."

"Are you going to dye it for me?" Cara wonders.

"No, Fatima will," I answer for Aimée.

Cara looks up at Fatima, clearly trying to process my statement as she scans Fatima's embroidered, olive green hijab.

"But..." Cara starts "...she doesn't..."

"She did my hair," Aimée explains.

"Oh," Cara responds and looks to me. "Then what are you useful for?"

"Ouch," I say, folding my arms. "I happened to bring these people here."

"Fair enough," my cousin responds then turns to Aimée again. "Do you have blue?"

"I don't," Aimée answers with a frown.

Cara sulks for a second before asking, "Can we get blue?"

________________________________________

Jayda's POV

I finish dabbing the highlighter onto my cheekbones then have to choose between the two dresses that I laid out earlier. One is a basic emerald dress with a sweetheart neck, while the other is a gold slip dress with a notch at the bottom. Matching the sparkle, I choose the second option and pull it on. Before I can get the bottom straightened out, I hear my phone ring, and I have to rush to fix my dress and put the phone on speaker.

"Hey," I say, "I'm almost ready, I promise. Just give me, like, twenty-five more minutes."

"About that," Andreas's voice comes through, "I can't pick you up."

"Why not?"

"Kinda popped a tire," he responds. "And three more."

"You popped all your tires? What the hell were you doing?"

"Don't worry about that. But can you drive?"

I totally would be able to if my dads weren't being so stubborn.

"My dads took away my car privileges," I say.

"What did you do?"

"Apparently, I leave the gas tank empty all the time. In other words, they hate me."

"Well, how are we gonna get there?"

Interrupting him comes another beep, and I look down to see a call from Hazel.

"Hold on," I say. "I'm getting another call."

I click answer, and the line connects me to her.

"What's up, girly?" I ask.

"Hey, can you do me a favour?" Hazel says.

I pick up my brush to begin doing my hair while I talk. "Depends on what it is."

"Can you buy some blue hair dye?"

"Absolutely not," I scoff. "Blue on you would be gross."

"It's not for me," Hazel clarifies. "It's for Cara."