S2 E15.3: Uncharmed

Amber's POV

I let myself into my brother's house and raise the bottle in my hand.

"I brought wine!" I announce.

Jonah and Walker are already talking with Cyrus and TJ in the kitchen as I, my wife, and my daughter come over to join them. Wyatt is playing with his hand-held gaming system at the dining room table, while the youngest of the group, Austen, bites on a bubbly, blue teething ring with Jonah holding her up. My friends all greet me and my family with hellos as I set the wine bottle down on the island. As soon as I do, Austen starts reaching for it with one hand, and Jonah has to take a step away to keep her from getting it.

"You're a bit young for that," Jonah says to her.

"Ababa," she responds before exploding in giggles.

"I've got glasses," TJ says.

He gets a few wine glasses down from the cupboard.

"I'll grab a cork puller," Walker says.

Before he can even step away, I take my keys and stab one into the cork, twist it, then yank the cork out with a pop, and Walker stares at me, stunned. Clearly, he didn't know I had this skill.

Buffy's POV

When my whole family comes in, we're greeted with a bunch of smiles and some baby talk from Austen. Brayden and Cara go over to the dining room where Wyatt is, and Andreas, after looking around a bit, stands over by Hazel. Amber pours a glass of red wine immediately and holds it out for me.

"Uh, no, thank you," I respond.

While Cyrus and TJ don't think anything of that, Amber and Andi give me confused looks.

"Really?" Andi checks. "You never turn it down. Are you pregnant?" she jokes.

She laughs. It was a joke. But my brain didn't register that until after my eyes already went wide, and that split second reaction is enough for Andi to catch on.

"Oh my gosh," she responds. "You're pregnant!"

"Buffy!" Cyrus shouts in excitement.

"That's awesome!" Jonah says. "You're gonna make a little friend for Austen."

"Pawawaba," Austen agrees.

"Thanks, guys," I say. "What's good is that I already have a babysitter ready to go."

"I know you're looking at me," Andreas chimes in, "but you might want to reconsider that."

"Yeah," Brayden says from the dining room. "Andreas almost dropped Austen before."

That sends scared looks through Jonah and Walker.

"I said almost," Brayden states.

Jayda's POV

Entering my house is like crossing into an alternate universe. Like, everyone here is so happy, but I feel like shit. I definitely don't regret what I just did, but it's kind of like running through a flaming doorway to get out of a burning building. Like, yeah, I'm glad I left, but it still hurt like hell, and I should probably go to a hospital or something, but that part isn't applicable to this metaphor. On my way to the kitchen, I focus on holding my tears in and not letting anything flow out. This is not the time for a breakdown.

"Hey," I say, but my voice wavers.

"How was your day?" Daddy asks me.

"Great," I lie.

"We were just talking about Buffy and Marty's big news," Auntie Amber says.

"We're having a baby," Buffy says with a smile.