S2 E15.2: Uncharmed

Walker's POV

I hold Austen in my arms as she looks around in awe at the bins stacked in the room. When TJ lifts another box's lid, his face looks hopeful.

"I think it's this one— Nope."

He drops the lid closed again.

"This is why I wanted to colour code and label the boxes," Cyrus says to his husband.

TJ moves on to the next box, and finally, the colourful batch of toys is revealed. At the sight, Austen's eyes go wide.

"Here they are," TJ says.

When TJ picks up a little giraffe-patterned baby teether with giraffe a head on one end of the hoop, Austen starts reaching out, saying, "Aaaaaahhhhh!"

As soon as TJ brings it over to her, my daughter grabs it and shoves it in her mouth to chew on the ring. Then she looks at me.

"I think she likes it," Jonah says with a smile.

"I hope this was washed," is all I say.

"Well, it's around ten years old," Cyrus replies, "so, um, hopefully."

Austen's big, brown eyes flutter as they blink, but they stay on me while she gums the toy.

"Wuh wuh," she babbles through her blocked mouth. Then she makes a wide, closed grin as she hums, "Mmmmm."

________________________________________

Brayden's POV

After pressing play on the movie, I return to the couch to sit down on the opposite end from Deion. We both lean back on the pillows, and I look between him and the TV, curious about how he'll like it.

"Why is it in black and white?"

"It's from the forties," I explain.

"So colour wasn't invented yet?"

I look at him in concern, trying to plan out how to respond in a non-condescending manner, but he starts laughing before I can.

"I'm joking," he says.

"Good, because I didn't know how to correct you."

I chuckle a little and look to the television again, but watching the film with another person around is proving to be harder than I expected, because I keep looking back at Deion.

"I see you're the type of person who wears their cap at all times," I comment.

Deion flicks his eyes up at his baseball cap with a Verizon logo on the front.

"I forgot I was wearing it," he says.

"You're with Verizon?" I assume.

"No. I thrifted it."

"I like it."

"Thanks," he responds with a smile. "So are we still watching the movie?"

"Yes, of course," I remember, turning toward the television.

I'm having trouble focusing on the screen, but I do my best under the current circumstances. My effort becomes redundant when I feel Deion's hat mount my head. I adjust the cap to fit straight then look over at Deion. He smiles at me before continuing watching the movie. I've never been a ball cap kind of person, but I predict I might be now.

________________________________________

Andi's POV

"I really don't know why you'd put your keys in the basement," Amber says.