S4 E11.1: Perspective

Cyrus's POV

"Wyatt, do you want juice?"

I spin around with the jug and see my son staring out the window while sitting at the table, his foot bouncing while he stirs his cereal mindlessly.

"Wyatt?" I repeat.

He snaps his head in my direction, saying, "Huh? Oh. No, thanks."

TJ stirs his coffee while leaning against the cabinet doors, not fazed by our son's behaviour, but I'm remembering something that was brought up recently, and I can't get it out of my head.

"What were you looking at?" I ask Wyatt.

"Nothing." He's about to ingest a spoonful of his breakfast when his focus is suddenly stolen elsewhere. "Where's my phone?" He scans the tabletop, not finding it.

"Did you leave it in your room?" I suggest.

"No, I—" He freezes. "The bathroom!"

Wyatt springs out of his chair and bolts upstairs to search for the device, leaving his half-eaten bowl of cereal. With him gone, I turn to face TJ who's casually sipping his coffee.

"Hey," I say, "remember how Hazel said she thinks Wyatt has ADHD?"

Knowing where I'm going immediately, TJ lets out a sigh. "Yeah."

"I didn't learn enough in school to be confident recognizing that, but it might be worth seeing a doctor about."

"I don't know. Is it really necessary? I mean, is it really an issue for him?"

As soon as TJ finishes asking that, Wyatt returns into the kitchen holding a candlestick the length of his forearm.

"When did we get this?" he questions. "Also, can I have it?"

"Did you find your phone?" I wonder.

His eyes go wide as he remembers. "Oh, right!"

Then he whips around and zips back to the staircase. As I look back to TJ, I notice him taking something out of the cutlery drawer. Wyatt's cell phone gleams as TJ places it on the counter.

"I'll make the appointment," TJ mutters.

________________________________________

Braydon's POV

Students flow in from outside, clogging the hallways as everyone tries to gather their things from their lockers. Kelsey and Linny surround mine at the moment, Kelsey explaining the events of her sister's baby shower that took place over the weekend.

"And then we played this game where we try to pass around a watermelon covered in baby oil, and try not to drop it."

Linny stares at Kelsey in confusion until eventually checking, "This was a baby shower?"

All of a sudden, Linny's eyes are swept away by the sight of my cousin coming toward us, her hair clipped back on one side with a large pearl barrette. I swear Linny has the same one. Wait—

"Hey," Hazel says.

She says it to all of us, but her eyes quickly settle on Linny who mirrors her smile. Hazel has yet to explain anything more to me since our conversation on the mountain, and she's actively avoided giving me any opportunity to interrogate her. But even just the eyes of these two girls releases enough gay radiation to cause queer cancer.

"Hey," Kelsey says, "we're going to The Spoon later. Do you and the others wanna join?"

Hazel looks away from Linny to reply, "I'll ask them. Um, I can't, because I have an art project I need to finish...and start. I really have no idea what to do for it."