Chapter 4 - Meredith

I look at my wardrobe. I think if you want to be a celebrity you need to love dress up. Because you can't just go with your hoodie and shorts, except if you just want to go for groceries.

Like today, I'm going to Hall Industries HQ to sign a contract. I accepted the mini movie for thanksgiving with Matthew as my co-star. People start talking about us when Matthew tweets his welcoming to me for joining the movie. This is our first project together since we broke up. Little that people know, our relationship is still good. We are good friends. People thought we were separate in bad conditions.

I choose my icy blue simple wrapped dress. Pearls for the necklace and earrings, soft pink for the heels, bag and my blazer. Perfect outfit for Fall in LA. I spray my favorite floral perfume from Chanel Allure. Thank God I'm their ambassador so I can wear this perfume. Actually I must wear Chanel perfume.

I go to the parking lot of my silver Maserati. It's not everyday I can drive my own car. Most of the time JR would drive the car. But today he was busy delivering some toys for the shelter I've been taking care of.

***

I called Madeline to have lunch together. She is so happy nowadays. Finally she is in a relationship with Ethan Hall. Ethan was acting weird after the accident in Paris. I even helped Madeline with some dress to torture Ethan. Later, Ethan told Madeline that she made him crazy with all the dresses, especially the dress that she wore on Friday. Guess this guy is really like my best friend. From Monday to Friday, the only day that Mads wore her own dress was Friday. The other is my dress. And Ethan Hall fell the hardest on Mads own dress.

Mads and Ethan arrived to pick me up on my floor. I go inside to say goodbye to some friends including Matthew.

"Can't wait to go to Finland with you" he says with a grin. Matthew is a handsome man. His dimples are perfect that makes women go crazy.

"Are you planning to keep me warm?" I tease him. He laughs "you have no idea, baby". He says. I jab him in the rib. That's us. Flirting a bit, but nothing's more. We both realized that we were interested in each other because of the franchise film, we were a couple in the film, people kept talking that we looked good together, and most importantly because we were lonely at that time.

"I have to go. See you on Wednesday at the airport" I hug him and go to Madeline.

"Mer, the restaurant is just a block away. Do you want to go there by car or walk?" Mads asks me happily. Ethan Hall really treats her well.

"Walk is fine for me" I really love to stroll around but I know with my status it will be hard. Like now, people keep asking me for a photo. Ethan and Mads waiting for me patiently at the side. Actually, I enjoyed it. I can see from my peripheral vision that Ethan keeps kissing Madeline. They are really in love.

I'm happy for Madeline. Really. She deserved it. But somehow I can't help the question in my head. When I can have a man that will look only at me? Like I'm his world.

***

After ordering our food, Mads and I talked about the Hall charity.

"sweetness, my cousin will join us for lunch. Is that okay?" Ethan asks Madeline. I freeze. Ethan's cousin means...

"Christian? Sure! Where is he?" Madeline says cheerily. She looks behind me and smiles. "Christian!" She stands up. Christian embraces Madeline and Ethan. We sit on the benches table. Since Mads sits with Ethan, Christian slides next to me.

"Meredith, you know Christian?" Mads asks me. I want to answer her, but there is no voice coming out from my mouth so I just shake my head a little bit.