Chapter 62 - Christian

It's good to have a bunch of teams that are willing to help your love life. Like now, I'm waiting for Merry in the restaurant. Thank you for Madeline who has this idea, she told Ethan and Rainey. Thanks to Ethan who told me to book a nice restaurant with a VIP room. Thanks to Rainey who helped me to ask Merry for tonight, even though all Merry knows (until now) that she will have dinner with Rainey.

I'll send a huge basket of the best chocolates for Mads and Rainey. As for Ethan, as long as Mads is happy he will be happy. So he doesn't need anything.

The waiter opens the door and Merry freezes on the edge of the door. I stand up and smile. Take her hand and help her to sit. She looks so pretty with her pink dress and silver heels. I already ordered the food. So the waiter goes from the room to prepare the entree.

"Why are you here?" She hisses.

I smile and sit down. "To have dinner with you, obviously. What else?"

"Where is Rainey?"

I look at my watch "in the sky. On the way back to LA"

"What?" She squeaks.

I chuckle. "She went straight to the airport after she met you for the snack."

"She trapped me? No... it must be your cousin! He did this before. Now he did that again!" She scandalizes.

"No no... Once is enough for Ethan to learn from the mistake" I say with a smile.

Merry's eyes widened "Jesus! Madeline Hall" it's not official yet actually, Ethan and Madeline will be married in the next two months, but everyone starts to call her Madeline Hall since she is wearing her magnificent engagement ring. The Hall's heirloom.

I chuckle "Ethan would never trap you without his soon to be wife's blessing. He might be the CEO of Hall Industries, but trust me, Madeline holds the balls," I say.

Merry shakes her head in disbelief. She narrows her eyes at me "did you bribe her?"

"Do you think anyone can bribe Madeline?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

She pouts. "No. But what is wrong with her?" She asks in disbelief. "Wait! Is she the one who arranges the rooms for us?" Her eyes widened.

I shrug. "Maybe she just know you better than yourself"

Merry gives me a look. Before she can continue the waiter comes in with our entree and leaves.

"I ordered a 5 course meal. So let's enjoy our date" I say to her.

She raises an eyebrow "did you know the dating rules?"

"That I have to ask you first before I can call it dating? Yes I know. But I'm too desperate. Since you never agree to have dinner with me"

She shakes her head but I can see her lips twitch up.

We enjoy our dinner. Talk about everything, except our relationship. I missed this. The never ending conversation with Merry. Her laughter, the twinkles in her eyes, her sassy answer... When the dinner is over she walks to the room's window. "Wow the sky is very clear today" she says. I follow her and hug her from behind. Bury my face in her hair, inhale her floral scent. "I missed you, Merry. I missed this" I whisper to her.

I can feel her breaths getting harder.

"I missed to touch you and kiss you..." she spins around and looks at me deeply.

I caress her cheek. "Did you know 2 days ago was my worst day during this filming?"

She confused "why?" she asks softly.