Chapter 9 - Christian

5 years ago.

Christian on the way to Casey's apartment directly from the airport. He was so tired after 2 month shooting in Italy. Finally he came back home. He was planning to surprise his girlfriend, Casey. She didn't know he was coming back today, it was faster than the schedule.

Casey was his girlfriend for 8 months by now, but they didn't spend much time together. Mostly because Christian was very busy with the filming and recording. Casey was the newbie model. Her job wasn't that much compared to Christian. But he liked her, because she always looked up on him, like he was her everything. Her hero. Christian was enough with his mom and grandparents. They never cared about him. Whatever he did means nothing to them. At least Casey was so happy when he won platinum, when he won some awards.

He opened the door. He had Casey's apartment's key.

"Cas... you can't do that to our baby! I want the baby" the man said.

"I can't Brent. You know my career. I can't have this baby now" Casey said. They didn't realize Christian was in the door. Because they were at the dining table. It was facing the other side of the apartment.

"Is it about your career or about you oh so called boyfriend?" He mocked.

"You know I never liked him. You know I just used him for the fame. I need this job Brent. I need him to help me with my job, with my mom's treatment. Okay?" Casey said to the guy. Christian felt the bile in his mouth. He moved 2 steps ahead. They still didn't see him, but they would if they just craned their neck a bit.

"Please Brent. C'mon! We've been together for 5 years. You know my goal. I love you because you have faith in me. We can have the baby in the next few years. After I got my name. I promise you I will break up with him as soon as the Hollywood recognizes me"

The guys looked at her and she came closer to kiss him, only at that time she saw Christian. She jumped "Christian" and she stood up, panicked.

The guy also stood up. His hair was dark brown, touching his shoulders. He was 6 maybe, while Casey herself was 5.9.

"Hi Casey" Christian tried to control his voice. After all, he was a great actor.

"Hey babe! I didn't know you're home" she came forward with a big smile. She really is a great actress.

Christian kissed Casey in front of the Brent guy. While his eyes focused on the guy. His hand traveled down to Casey's ass to squeeze her. Casey moaned a bit. Was that also fake?

The Brent guy looked away. Cleared his throat. Casey pulled back from Christian. Her lips were swollen.

"Christian, this is my cousin, Brent" Casey said, and took Christian hand to come closer to Brent. Christian extricated himself from her.

Christian laughed but that was an ugly laugh. He spitted to the floor and looked at both of them "Cas, you really should go to Hollywood. You have talent for acting"

Casey's face stiff. Christian looked at her from head to toe. Why do I ever think this woman really loves me? "Good luck with your baby, Cas" he spun around and went outside the apartment. Cas didn't follow him which is the best. Since he didn't know how much control he had, he had to not lose control.

And that the last time he heard from Casey.

***

Ethan brought a bottle of champagne with 2 glasses. Christian didn't remember when he drove out of the apartment. He unconsciously drove to Ethan's house.

He looked at the wine and raised his eyebrow. "I just found my girlfriend cheated on me and you gave me champagne? Well actually she cheated on his boyfriend with me, with a bless from the guy"

Ethan smirked. "I'm glad you broke up with her. She's not worthy. There is something off with her from the very beginning and I was right!" Ethan never liked Casey and was obvious about it. But Christian was too stubborn to care. And now, he regretted he never heard his cousin's advice.

"She used me" Christian chuckled but that was an ugly one. He drank all the champagne in his glass.

"You are too good for her, C. That bitch, if you want I can finish her career In Hollywood even before she started it"

"Nah, she is not important. I don't think she can be a success in Hollywood." Casey was pretty but not exceptionally pretty. And based on her personality, she wouldn't make it. It took more than hard work and talent to succeed in Hollywood.

She wasn't important, but what she did cement one thing in Christian. Women just wanted to be with you because you are worthy. Worth the fame, the money, the pride. Nothing more.

***

The next day, Christian got a call from his manager that they will have an audition for the duet partner for his latest album. He was still in a bad mood. Not because he loved Casey. No, he liked her yes, but that wasn't love. He hated he was so gullible. He went to the audition without asking who was the candidate.

He was arguing with Tessa, the album director when he saw the woman he was sure just like another Casey. Meredith Underhill. She was so beautiful and young. He could see the spirit from her eyes. When she was gone, her floral scent lingering on his nose. He went home after the failed audition still in his bad mood. But it was because he couldn't get Meredith out of his head. Somehow he couldn't forget her scent, her expression.

That night he went to the club, picked a willing woman who knew to not expect anything from him. But somehow while he fucked the woman, Meredith's face kept coming to him. He almost growled her name when he came. He knew he was dirtier than an asshole. He fucked a woman while thinking about another woman. He left the woman in the hotel room while. Felt sorry for the woman, but he didn't say it.

He kept track about Meredith Underhill. He didn't know why. But something about her made him keep looking her up. She did an excellent job. Her music went viral, Steven Hitchcock, the grammy award director, asked her to role in his film. Since then she was the next it in Hollywood. America loves her, even Christian couldn't help himself to keep looking at her. He didn't say it out loud. But lots of his music was inspired by her.

He often thought... what if he gave Meredith a chance on that audition? Maybe she wasn't like the other women in his life... but there is no what if, Christian...