Chapter 60 - Meredith

Jase Hossler apologized for his action to Meredith Underhill and her management.

I skim through the news.

Bea White came with the details of 5 years ago about Meredith and Jase. Jase infidelity during his teenage life, Meredith handled it wisely and moved on with her life, made her own path in Hollywood.

Bea and her management were planning to sue Jase Hossler if in the next 24 hours he doesn't come to clean the mess he made.

Jase came up and told the public that Mya Harlow asked her to do it to ruin Meredith and Christian's relationship. As the rewards she will take Jase under her wing, but she bailed.

Another news...

The Harlow and Cooper management: we will re-evaluate Mya Harlow and her credibility.

During the fiasco with Jase Hossler, a lot of Mya's ex-clients came to surface and told the press about her mismanagement. Including her latest ex client, Daniella Carter and Alyssa Bowen.

We are trying to contact Christian Hall but he refused to comment on Mya. But our source told us that Christian Hall already broke his contract with Mya after 10 years they've been working together.

Dom Cooper from Harlow and Cooper management said that they will try to look closer at what happened with Mya and her ex clients.

I look at Ian.. "are you still in Mya's management?"

He shakes his head. "I quit after she admitted that she leaked our picture in New York on purpose."

"She was the one..."

Ian nods. "I'm sorry Merry... Mya was desperate with me. She thought you were the one who influenced me to reject the project with Jemima. So she was planning to break us apart"

"But how come she knows that I would freak out with the news instead of confirming to the fans that we are in relationship?"

"That's why she sent Hossler"

I nod. It's true. I still managed to calm myself before I saw Jase's interview. The one with Jase was the one that threw me off balance.

"She kept her track on you. You were on her radar. She was planning to recruit you, but Bea won."

Now I got it. Mya must have followed the news back then. When all the drama between Jase and me came to surface.

"It's over, Merry. Cooper promised to me that he will make sure Mya couldn't ruin our life. He was so glad that I didn't sue his management. As for Hossler, Bea made him sign a paper that said he wouldn't come with other nasty things about you, and also some restriction order. So you are free from him."

I nod. "When did you and Bea do this?"

"I was planning to fly to Paris on the same day with you, but Jack contacted me to let me know he already had everything that I needed from Mya & Hossler. At the same time Bea told me she's done with her task and ready to confront Hossler. I went with Bea to Hossler. It took a few days to finish all these things. I was planning to go to the airport when Mads called me that Helen was in LA and wanted to have dinner together. So I delayed my flight."

All the while I thought he was screwing with another woman...

"Now you are free from Hossler, and no more Mya in the background. The public responses are great. People trust you, thanks for your attitude. No one even believe the stupid rumour Hossler said."

I smile. "Thank you Ian"

He shakes his head "I'm the one who made the mess Merry. It's my job to clean this up. I hope you give me another chance" he takes my hand "I love you Merry. I'm obsessed with you too... I can't deny that. I've been obsessed with you since 5 years ago..."

"What?"

"Did you know, lot of my music is inspired by you?"

I shake my head "no way" I chuckle

"Wait..." he goes to his room from the adjoining door and comes back with his laptop. He opens it and shows me a folder named 'Merry'

"What is this?" There are lots of Ian's songs. From 5 years ago until...now. He clicks the folder's info. The folder made since... 5 years ago... I look at him.

"I couldn't get you out of my head after the fucked up audition. I follow your career, and you are the inspiration of my songs. Every song from this folder are inspired by you"

He puts the laptop away "I love you Merry... I will work hard to earn your love and heart. Just give me the chance... okay?"

His blue green eyes look deeply to my eyes. I nod "okay"

***

Ian treats us with lots of delicious snacks on the set, and he blatantly shows his affection towards me. When the press from Hall Media came to the set for the interview with me and Hitchcock, one of them asked me about my relationship with Ian.

"I don't know... we'll see" I giggle.

"Well, this one is a catch, Mer" Hitchcock says and chuckles. What the hell? I thought he's not into young love like this.

"So you approve Christian Hall with your stars here, Hitchcock?" the press asks.

"100%!" he laughs.

okay, I think it's Ian in disguise.

After the interview, Ian comes to me with a glass of ice coffee. The press are still there to take a photo on the set. I tell Ian about the interview and he laughs. He says Hitchcock and him talked about me a lot. Jeez... I didn't know that.

The press comes to us and asks us to pose. We pose for some pictures. Not too romantic. The press is smart enough to take a chance in questioning us "So, Christian... What about your relationship with Meredith? You two getting slower after the new year eve's kiss"

Ian chuckles "I'm pursuing her. Wish me luck. Because I know I have a lot of competitor" his eyes look around and land on Mario a little bit longer but the press doesn't catch it. He looks back at me and smiles. He looks back to the press. "I hope soon enough she realizes that I'm really in love with her"

zinc....

The press eyes widened, my eyes more widened than them.

"You love him, Christian?" the press asks still stunt.

"Yes I do. I told her already about this, but she rejected me. Said she doesn't believe in me. So I think I need all the resources to help me convince her that I do really love her."

My jaw drops, before I can respond the crew asks me to come back to the set for filming. So I leave them. The very first time in my entire acting career I got tongue tied during the shoot again and again and again. I have to ask Hitchcock for a 5 mins break.

I go to the side to compose myself alone, Ian comes to me with a grin, I glare at him.

"I thought we agreed that I don't want any publication to my love life"

"It was before you broke up with me Merry." He caresses my cheek. "Since you don't believe in me, I'm planning to tell you and the world that I love you. I'm so damn in love with you. So if you don't believe me, at least I have everyone to believe me that I love you"

"What?" I look at him in disbelief.

"Get ready sweetheart, told you to not challenge me" he kisses my cheek and goes away.

I'm still standing there.... I thought... he was so serious and mellow back then when he asked for the second chance. But now... I was so wrong... He said I challenge him... the truth is he trapped me into this. Why did I always fall into his trap? Damn you Christian Hall!

I'm planning to tell you and the world that I love you. I'm so damn in love with you.

I couldn't help my smile during the rest of the filming today.