Chapter 39 - Christian

Morning comes. I look at Merry sleeping in my arms. She looks so pretty, but her eyes swollen. I know she was crying because of me and I feel like the biggest asshole ever.

Yesterday when I saw the news I was so panicked. But really nothing happened. During dinner, Jemima and I just friends. We talked about our latest project. She asked me about my relationship with Merry. I told her I'm pursuing Merry, since Merry doesn't want to make our relationship go public so I couldn't tell Jemima. She asked about the movie but in a proper way. Like just for business. Because she thinks I will boost the film. But when I say I'm not interested, She is fine. So we talked about other things.

The morning she texted to say sorry for the mess. And she told me she confronted Mya about this. Mya told her that she just wanted me to meet Jemima face to face and hoped Jemima could coax me to play the movie.

I called Mya too. I was so angry because her plan could cost me my relationship with Merry. She easily said that she didn't mean it. I didn't think she was even sorry for that. I got more and more uncomfortable with Mya. Starting from the first time I told her I want to focus as a director. She has to deal with it.

And somehow I got a feeling she blames all of this to Merry. That's why she really wants me to play in the erotic drama hopefully I can get over Merry and do my usual sex with my on screen partner. But I can't. I don't think I can go back to that path.

I look at Merry. She is grown in me. I can't even think about my life without her in it anymore. It's not only her beautiful face and sexy body that makes me want her this much, even though I should admit that she has both of it in perfect score. More than anyone I've ever been with. But the thing that makes me want her this much is her soul. I can lose myself in her over and over again. Whenever I'm with her I feel like I'm home, and I can do anything at it best. She always knows how to make everything better. When Helen and I were stuck in an awkward conversation, when dad was angry because I wanted to donate my liver to him. It's Merry who made everything alright.

And I just realized my life starts and ends with her. She is always in my waking hour and she chases all my bad dreams away. If before I often dreamt about mom and woke up in sweat, now I often dream about her and wake up with a big grin on my face.

Merry snuggles closer to me "Ian..." she says in her sleep. I chuckle. She always snuggles with me. I kiss her head. "Wake up snow white"

"5 more minutes." She mumbles and snuggles closer. Her leg drapes to my leg. Her hot pussy on my cock. Damn! She is so perfect!

"Wake up Merry. I need a morning sex to start our Christmas, baby" and I pour her with my kiss to wake her up.

***

Madeline was right. Merry and I are like the biggest presents for the kids. I bring my guitar so Merry and I can sing some songs for the kids. But not even the happiness in the kids' faces can erase the sadness in Madeline's face. Even though she keeps smiling all the time. She's not as talented as Merry in this.

I took a picture of Madeline secretly and sent it to Ethan. My cousin needs to get back to his senses. We all know this month is hard for him. But he has to deal with it since he has a girlfriend now.

My phone rings. I look at it. Helen. I just automatically put it on silent. But Merry's words ring in my ears.

You are lucky you still have her, Ian. I miss my grandma so much. I wish she was here with me.

I take out my phone and pick it up before it turns to miss call. "Grandma"

"Ah..." she startles. Maybe she expected me to ignore her phone as usual. "Christian?" She sounds confused