Chapter Two

"Here, come with me. If you like this book, I know the perfect book for you." Alaric smiled, I was intrigued. "Lead the way." He gently held my hand as he guided me to the history section. "Here we are." He stopped and looked down at me, I was barely five feet tall. "Okay.. which book?" He smiled as he grabbed the step stool from beside him and helped me up. "Use this." Alaric took hold of my hand and helped me up. I was still shorter than him but I was now able to look comfortably in his eyes. "You have beautiful blue eyes." I grinned as I gazed into them. "Thank you but your green eyes are far more gorgeous." I found myself blushing once again as he moved my hair out of the way. "Alaric?" He shushed me before kissing me. I froze for half a second, my first kiss and it was in the library. I couldn't help myself and kissed him back.

The kiss started off pretty innocent but quickly heated up. I felt Alaric's hands run down my back, causing me to shiver in delight while my own hands were in his light brown hair. The kiss lasted until we were both out of breath. Once we were able to catch our breath, Alaric apologized. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. God, I am such an idiot." I gently touched his stubbled cheek, making him blush. "You don't need to apologize." I reassured him, he was still blushing and now I was too.

He helped me down and we walked back to the table. "So tell me about yourself, Violet." So now he wanted to get to know me, I sighed. "Well, as you already know I love books. Umm aside from English, I love history. Hence the book." Alaric paused me. "Are you thinking about dual majoring?" "I've given it some thought." He grinned, "That's pretty cool." "I guess." I laughed, there was something different about Alaric. Something I found mysterious, attractive. I felt myself wanting to know more about him. "What about you?" "Well, for starters, you can call me Ric." I smiled as he went on. "I was born in Boston and moved here with my family when I was 12. Umm, I love history. It was always my favorite subject in school so I decided to become a history teacher." Just as the conversation was getting good, my phone went off. It was my mother.

Mom: Where the hell are you? It's almost dinner time.

I glanced at the time. Holy crap, it was almost 6 o'clock. "I really hate to cut the conversation short but I gotta get home." I felt terrible. "Hey, it's okay. Gimme your phone and I'll put my number in there so we can talk." I smiled, "Okay." As he typed in his information, I couldn't help but grin. "There ya go." He smiled, handing me my phone back. "Thanks. It was really nice meeting you Ric." "Likewise Violet. See you around." I giggled before I rushed home.