Chapter Nineteen

We arrived to Yorktown about half an hour later. Ric and I waited until everyone else got off the bus before we departed too. "Okay guys, remember what I told you on the bus and please obey the rules here. I don't want to have to send anyone home. We're going to be leaving for lunch around 12:50 so please meet us back here no later than 12:30." Ric spoke before almost everyone departed.

Sarah and Elijah came walking up to me. "You okay, V? Jason was being a huge asshole." Sarah looked at me. "I'm fine. I just wish he didn't have to yell that, you know?" I still hadn't told her yet. "Yeah I get that. Well text me if you need me, okay?" I nodded, "I will." Then she and Elijah went off in their own direction, leaving Ric and I completely alone.

"So...what do you wanna do first?" I asked Ric and without warning he gripped my hand and kissed me. I was stunned for a moment before kissing him back. The kiss lasted a few more seconds. I blushed feverishly, "What was that for?" I stuttered. "Just because." Ric grinned as we walked hand in hand around the museum.

I loved the way his fingers wrapped around my hand, how perfect it felt knowing I was his. After walking around for a bit, we sat down. "I have a question." Ric looked at me. "Go ahead." "Do you believe in soulmates?" He looked nervous after asking me. "Of course I do. Why?" I gently rubbed the back of his hand. "Because I can't help but believe you're mine. I need you in my life forever Violet." My heart fluttered in my chest. All I could do was hold him in my arms. I knew he was my forever, I just couldn't believe I was his. He was my first relationship, my first everything honestly and I was terrified of losing him.

"Ric?" "Yeah?" I took a deep breath, "Please never leave me." "I'd be crazy if I left the one thing that makes me feel so alive. I love you Violet Summer Evans and I always will."