Chapter Seventeen

"Did you like my note?" Ric asked after kissing me softly. I nodded, "I absolutely loved it, thank you." "Good. I meant ever word." He grinned as he held me. "Ric?" I strained my neck as I looked up at him, "Yeah?" He sat down on the curb and helped me down. "Why did you pick me?" He gently stroked my blushing cheek. "Because you brought light back into my life. I was heavily drinking before I got the job here and didn't have a care in the world about anything or anyone. When I saw you in the library, I had to say hi. I knew from that moment on, I had to get to know you. You saved me, Violet and I will do anything I can to make it up to you."

Tears of love rolled down my face. "I love you so much Ric." I bear hugged him as he lifted me into his lap. "I love you so much more." I dried my tears as I pulled out my phone. "We don't have any selfies.." I said a little awkwardly. "Let's fix that, shall we?" I giggled as he gently took my phone out of my hands and opened the camera.

We took quite a few selfies. One was us being silly, one was us looking at each other and my personal favorite, us kissing. "I love this one." Ric smiled, we both loved the kissing one so I made that one my lock screen and the silly one his contact photo.

We snuggled close until people started getting to school. "Is it okay if I sit with you on the bus and be your buddy?" I shyly asked him. "Of course." He smiled as he helped me up. I picked up my purse and swung it across my body.

About 20 minutes later, it was time for us to go. We all piled onto the bus and Ric did attendance. I was excited but nervous to spend the whole day with Ric and just chat about everything and anything. What could possibly go wrong?