Chapter Fifty

"Hey Ric, can I talk to you?" Damon stood up. "Yeah." He carefully set me down on the couch before leaving the room with Damon.

"What's up Damon?" Damon chuckled, "You really love this girl, don't you?" Ric nodded, "Damon, I've never loved any nearly half as much as I love Violet. She makes me feel alive, like life without her would be so boring. Her heart, God, her heart Damon. I've never seen someone with that much love for everyone. There's a girl in the class who is relentlessly mean to Violet but yet Violet still sees her as a person. There's just so much about her that makes me crazy about her. I've spent my whole life searching for something and I finally found it. I found it in her and I cannot imagine not having her in my life. I just want to protect her and never let her feel unsafe or alone. God, I love her Damon. I love her so freaking much." Damon smiled at Ric and put his hand on Ric's shoulder, "Then go kiss her like there's no tomorrow."

I was talking to Stefan when Ric walked in. "Oh h-." I was unable to finish my sentence when Ric started kissing me. It wasn't anything like our previous kisses. This one was intense and emotional. He carefully picked me off the couch and carried me into an empty room, still kissing me. As we kissed, I felt Ric's cheeks, they were covered with tears.

We softly landed on a bed as we kissed. Our make out session lasted for several more seconds until we were out of breath. I looked up at him, he was crying just as much as I was. "Ric.." I breathed out, drying his tears. He looked at me and dried my own tears. "What was that for?" He took a very deep breath, "I can't lose you, Vi. I would lose my mind if I lost you." I held him close, he rested his head on my chest. "You're never gonna lose me, Ric. I promise." I kissed the top of his head. He looked up at me as I smiled at him. Soon our lips met again, softly and carefully.

He was my everything. I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. He would never know just how much I truly loved him because not even I could put it into words. Even if I had forever, that still wouldn't have been enough time with him. Not even close.