Chapter Nine

I hurried down the stairs as fast as I could. "Yeah mom?" I was panicking internally. She looked livid. "I got a very interesting phone call today. Where were you during your free period?" Crap.. "I was eating lunch." "With a teacher, alone! Did you really think that nobody would see you Violet?" I looked down, I was so screwed.  "He was helping me with an assignment that I was struggling with. That's it mom. I promise." She sighed, "Mija, I don't want you getting in trouble or have rumors spread about you." I nodded, "I understand mom. I'm sorry." She hugged me close, "I love you Violet. I just don't wanna see you hurt." "I know mom. I love you too."

The rest of the evening dragged on. Mom didn't mention the call to dad at dinner, thank goodness. After finishing up my nightly routine, I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling, it was almost 11 o'clock. My parents were sound asleep. My phone went off, it was Ric.

Ric: You okay?
Me: Yeah, I'm just really lonely.
Ric: Me too. I can't stand not seeing you.
Me: Agreed
Ric: I have an idea
Me: I'm listening
Ric: Meet me at the gazebo in the middle of town
Me: Ok. See you in a little bit

I looked at myself, I was in floral short shorts and a burgundy spaghetti strap tank top. "I should probably put on real clothes." I sighed as I looked for something to wear. Ultimately I ended up finding a strapless pink floral romper and my rose gold sandals.

Before I left, I wrote my parents a note explaining that Sarah needed me and that I would be home as soon as possible. So with my purse in hand, it was time to see Ric. Why was I so nervous to see him?