Chapter Twenty Nine

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We spent most of cuddling and watching movies. "Hey Violet?" Ric looked over at me. "Yeah?" He moved closer to me. "I need to be honest." I gulped nervously but he kissed my cheek to reassure me. "I've spent my whole life searching. Whether it was for myself, love, family. Everything and anything. But I can finally stop searching. I have found everything in you. You make me the happiest I've been in years. You saw good in me at my darkest and yet you still loved me. When I tell you I love you more, it's not that I love you more than you love me but rather, I love that I can truly be myself around you. You bring me back to reality and show me that it's okay to settle down and stop looking for every little answer. I love you way too much Violet Summer Evans and no length of time is long enough for me to explain that love. You are my world and I can't lose you. If I lose you, I lose my everything."

I sobbed as I bear hugged him, shaking slightly in his arms as he held me. I was unable to speak, he stunned me speechless. He had no idea how much that meant to me, he was the absolute best.

"I don't know what to say." I finally spoke after a silent five minutes. He smiled then kissed my cheek. "I meant every word. I love you Violet." "I love you too Ric."

We got ready for bed after showering. "Did you have a good day?" Ric asked as we cuddled under the covers. "Every day with you is a good day." He smiled and I returned one.

Several moments later, we both fell asleep. Holding each other tightly and smiling