Chapter Seventy Two

The next day was pretty uneventful but it was still a great day. We were leaving for France that evening so we made the most of our last day in Germany.

"Hey Vi?" Ric was packing up our suitcase as I walk out of the bathroom. "Yeah hon?" I walked over to him when he grabbed my legs. I giggled and looked at him, "What are you doing?" He smiled as he kissed my stomach, I was almost 6 months pregnant now. I smiled as brushed his hair out of his eyes. "You know I would do anything for you, right Vi?" I nodded, wondering where this was coming from.

"Are you okay?" I asked, it came out more like a whisper. Ric's eyes met mine; they were glassy, like he was on the verge of crying. My heart ached when I saw it so I knelt down and held him close. His hands gripped me tightly like he was worried I was going to blow away like an important piece of paper on a windy day.

I lifted his chin up so he was looking at me. Before he could say anything, I kissed him. He stilled for a nanosecond before kissing back. His stubble rubbed against my skin as we kissed. After kissing for a bit, Ric looked at me, "What did I do to deserve you?" I smiled and rested my hand on his cheek, "You were yourself." He blushed at my touch on his skin. "Vi.." I glanced at him, "Yeah?" He smiled, "I love you." I held him close, "I love you too Ric."