Chapter Eighteen

As I suspected, all the seats were filled so even if I didn't want to, I would've had to sit next to Ric. But I didn't mind it, I could talk to him the whole ride there if I wanted to.

"Alright everyone, the person you're sitting with is your buddy. Don't lose your buddy! A few rules before we get going. Absolutely no sneaking off without informing me of where you're going. Don't touch anything unless you are given permission by a worker that's it's okay. Finally, we will be stopping by a food court for lunch so please get your food quickly and we'll eat at the park." Ric announced before it was time to go. Sarah texted me.

Sarah: ooooh your partner is Mr. Saltzman... maybe you can have a piece of that ass 😉

Me: Sarah! he's our teacher, i can't date him even if I wanted to

Sarah: y'all would be adorable together tho

Me: wait really?

Sarah: hell yea sis

I blushed as I glanced at my lock screen, she wasn't wrong.

Me: True

Sarah: 😘😘😘

Me: You're crazy

Sarah: you know it 🤪

As Ric sat down, he looked at me. "Violet?" "Yeah?" He leaned over and whispered in my ear, "You look so gorgeous, I love you." I blushed badly as he grinned. "Oh shush." I giggled, thinking about his note.

It had reassured me of all of my doubts about us and made me feel so loved. We held hands on the seat so no one could see it and say something. His huge hand swallowed mine, it felt perfect.

Most of the bus ride was spent talking about our hopes and dreams for the future. I told him that more than anything, I wanted to be a mother. I had always loved kids growing up and sometimes babysat for my neighbors. Ric told me that he wanted to be a dad. He explained that he wanted to have a traditional home with a nice front yard and a huge backyard. He and I both wanted the American Dream.

"Mr. Saltzman!" A kid shouted from the back of the bus when we were almost an hour away. So Ric stood up carefully, "What Jason?" "You having fun with your girlfriend?" Jason teased. Are you kidding me? I can't believe this. I sunk lower into the seat as most of the other students howled with laughter. "That's enough! There is nothing going on with Violet and I. If you have an issue with me, talk to me privately." Ric lectured before sitting back down.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, he gripped my hand. I could tell he wanted to kiss me and tell me it was okay. Instead he just protectively held my hand and smiled softly, making my heart jump. I loved Ric more than anything so I refused to let Jason ruin something that made me the happiest girl in the world. All that mattered was that I had Ric there by my side.