Chapter Fifty One

~ A month later/ five months pregnant ~

I, unfortunately, had to stay after school to be lectured by my Biology teacher about missing class. After he lectured, he set me home. As I walked out of the class, I heard a voice that made me tense up.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is girls. It's Violet Evans." Shit, it was Hayley. I kept walking until I felt her grab my arm. "Let me go Hayley. Please." I begged, trying to get free. "You really think you could hide it." She lifted up my shirt, exposing my pregnant stomach. I moved it back down as Hayley smirked, "Alright girls, you know what to do. But no attacking the stomach, she needs to be reminded of how much of a slut she is." That was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

I woke up after what felt like 4 hours later. I rubbed my eyes, I was in the hospital two hours away from home. Panicking, I looked around. My parents were at the window and Ric was on my left side. "Oh thank God. She's awake." Ric  called my parents over, everyone had clearly been crying. "What happened?" "Hayley and her friends attacked you." Mom spoke up.

"Is the baby okay?" I asked, worried more about the baby than myself. "She's okay, you're both okay." Ric's voice was so shaky. "She? We're having a baby girl?" I choked on my words. The doctor spoke up now, "We did an ultrasound while you were in the ambulance because your fiancé was begging us to.  You both are alright. The worst injury was that you shattered your ankle and bruised your arm." I was so relieved knowing that our baby girl and I were okay.

After a bit, my parents left so that Ric and I could have some time to be alone. "I was so worried about you, Vi. I called you but you didn't answer. Since I knew you were staying after, I drove to the school. It was completely empty except for you all bloodied by the door. I quickly called 911 and held you until they arrived. I told them to take you here so they did. I thought I lost you." Tears fell from our eyes. "I'm just so glad you're okay." We both cried as we held onto each other. "I'm never letting you go again. Never, ever again."