Chapter Forty Nine

I nearly fell off the couch, "V-v-vampires?" My eyes were wide and my heart pounded in my chest as I looked at Ric. "It's okay." He held me to keep me calm. "I didn't mean to scare you, Violet. I'm sorry." I eventually calmed down. "It's okay. I just wasn't expecting that." Stefan leaned forward, his eyes were a very dark forest green color while Damon's were piercing blue. "We won't hurt you. Besides, I don't think Ric will let you go." Stefan chuckled as Ric blushed slightly, "I love her. What do you expect?"

Damon laughed as he poured himself another glass of whiskey. "Want some?" He offered some to Ric, who declined, "No thanks. I don't want to go back to me from five years ago." Damon nodded, "Suit yourself." Ric seemed to gently tighten his grip around my waist, I looked up at him in confusion so I whispered in his ear. "What's wrong hon?" His eyes met mine, they were filled with protectiveness and love. "I love you." He whispered back, making me smile.

"So how old are you?" I eventually asked Stefan and Damon. "Damon is technically 178 and I am 171." Stefan answered. "How old were you when you were turned?" Stefan replied again, "17. Damon was 25." So that's why you look so young. I looked over at Damon, "How did you meet Ric?" Because the couch was starting to hurt, Ric was holding me in his lap. "I met him when he was studying at Duke. The dude's a scary genius." I giggled then looked up at my love, "Seems about right." Ric smiled before gently kissing me. "Your turn Violet." Damon was grinning. "What do you mean?"

"How did you meet lover boy here?" "I met him at the library in Mystic Falls." Ric held me close, making me feel safe. "I can tell you something right now about that man right there. The one holding you, he loves you a lot and wants to make you extremely happy." I glanced up at Ric then back down at Damon, "How did you know?" Ric asked before I had the chance to. "The way you keep looking at her and holding her. The fact that you proposed to her and she's carrying your baby. I've never seen you this happy, Ric and you deserve that happiness. Violet is a very beautiful and caring person. You guys are gonna last, I can tell."