Chapter Six

I woke up several hours later to my alarm. Due to my parents' jobs, I was on my own in the morning. After turning my terrible alarm off, I flung myself out of bed. I had to find something cute to wear. I knew that nobody cared but I always felt better when I put in a little effort. So I marched over to my closet and opened the doors. I browsed until I found my favorite dress, it was a burgundy floral dress that was a bit short. I put it on along with my brown knee high boots that had a three inch heel and my black leather jacket. "Perfect." I smiled as I put on my lucky necklace before grabbing my bag and phone. I decided to text Ric.

Me: Good morningggg :)

Ric: Good morning Vi :)

I giggled, he was the only one allowed to call me that.

Me: whatcha up to?

Ric: Just getting ready for work. You?

Me: just leaving for school and missing you

Ric: Aw, I'm pretty sure I miss you more

Me: we'll find out when I see you later

Ric: Can't wait

I smiled as I met up with Sarah and Elijah since they were my ride. "Hey sis. You okay?" Sarah asked as Elijah drove. "Oh um yeah." I hadn't told her about Ric, yet. She laughed, "Okay. So apparently the new history teacher is really hot." "Sarah! You have a boyfriend!" I teased her, we all laughed. "Oh I know but maybe you can get a bite of the teacher's ass." I blushed badly in response, "You're crazy." "Crazy like the Mad Hatter."

We arrived to school half an hour later. "I'm gonna head to the library, there's a book I need for English. I'll see you guys in class." I said as I hopped out of the car. "Okay, Violet. Have fun!" Sarah replied before kissing Elijah.

I headed straight to class instead, I was 10 minutes early but I loved being early. It gave me time to think. The rest of the class eventually came in, along with the teacher who spoke as I was getting my stuff out of my bag so I couldn't hear him. "Welcome to History Through Time, I'm your new teacher, Alaric Saltzman." As I set my stuff down and looked up, our eyes met. No freaking way. Ric stuttered, his eyes still glued on mine. "Holy crap."