Chapter Twenty Seven

"Rise and shine gorgeous." Ric smiled, gently kissing me awake. "Nooo, I wanna stay in bed with you forever." I gripped onto him, refusing to let him get up. "Why do you not want to go to school, Vi?" "There's no point and I wanna spend the whole day with you. Pleaseeeee." I batted my eyelashes and gave him the puppy dog eyes. "Are you sure?" "Yes." He sighed, "Okay. I have to call the principal and say that I'm sick." I nodded and stayed silent while he made the call. "Well, feel better soon." The principal said before hanging up. "Yay! I get to spend the whole day with you." I giggled, cuddling with Ric.

We both fell back asleep since we both still pretty tired from last night. It felt so good to sleep with him. I felt so safe, like his embrace alone was enough to protect me from anything that tried to mess with me. Whether it was Hayley and Jason or my internal battles with anxiety. He made me feel so loved in so many ways.

We woke up around 9:30, it was a good thing I texted Sarah that I was with Ric because otherwise she would've blown up my phone. "Mmm, good morning handsome." I smiled, resting my head on his chest. "I could get used to waking up like this. Good morning gorgeous." I giggled before we kissed sweetly. I loved him way too much and I didn't care what anyone had to say about it. I was happy and that's all that mattered.

After cuddling for a while, we both eventually got out of bed. "Let's make breakfast together." I suggested as I put on one of his shirts and Ric pulled on a pair of sweatpants." That sounds chaotically fun." He chuckled as we headed downstairs. "What shirt are you wearing by the way?" He asked as I put my hair up, "It's your Back To The Future one." He laughed, "That's huge on you." I playfully punched his stomach. "Well I can't help it if I'm 4'11 and you're 6'2." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"So what are we making?" I asked as he pulled out the ingredients. "Well, what do you like?" I wasn't a really picky eater so I told him anything. "I can make waffles." I giggled, so he pointed to where the waffle maker was and I began working. "You look so cute with powder on your nose Vi." I blushed when he wiped it off. "Ha, thanks." I watched as he made the sunny side up eggs and bacon. It all smelled so good by the time we were finished. "Good job team!" He laughed as he gave me a high five before pulling me in close. "I love you Vi." "And I love you too Ric."