Chapter Twenty Eight

We ate outside since it was a beautiful morning. It was at least 63 degrees and clear skies, it was so peaceful. "How are my waffles?" I giggled as we ate, "Best waffles I've ever had." I smiled, "The secret is a little bit of vanilla. My dad taught me that trick." "Well tell your dad he's a genius." I grinned as we finished eating. Afterwards, I took the dishes in while Ric stayed outside. I washed them and put them in the dishwasher before returning to Ric. "There she is." He grinned as he pulled me into his lap. I giggled as I clung to him.

"This is so much better than school." I sighed happily, resting my head on his shoulder. "Definitely." Ric smiled, holding me close. It made me so happy that he was in my life. He made me feel fearless and powerful. It was like my confidence had been hiding until I met him. I wanted to spend every day with him, I really did love him more than I could ever explain and I knew he felt the same about me. The only issue is that people would judge. He was my teacher and was much older than me. Although, it didn't bother us and that's all that mattered.

We went back inside around 11:30 when Ric said he had an idea. "What're you doing?" I asked him as he searched for something. "Close your eyes and cover your ears." He instructed, so I did. After shuffling around, he told me to open my eyes and that I could uncover my ears. He had moved the furniture around and had some music playing. "Ric?" He held his hand out, "May I have this dance?" I giggled like a little girl, "Why of course." So we started swaying to the music.

I rested my head on his chest as we glided across the room. It was absolutely amazing, I felt like a princess as he spun me around. I looked up at him, "Ric?" "Yeah?" He grinned as we danced. "Thank you." "You don't need to thank me. I love you so much." He gently kissed me as one of my favorite songs, Breathe Again by Sara Bareilles, played in the background. As we kissed, Ric carefully lifted me up so I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. Nothing felt better than our time together.

I held on tightly as we embraced each other. I felt his heart race in his chest, I never wanted this moment to end. For the first time in my entire life, I felt at peace and truly happy. Ric was everything I didn't know I needed in my life and he was my everything. He meant absolutely everything to me and I refused to let anything change that.