Chapter Thirty Three

Ric's alarm woke us up the following morning. It was the day that my parents either were really happy for me or completely disowned me. I did my best to keep relatively calm while Ric helped me figure out a way to tell my parents about him.

We ended up going with just being honest, but not mentioning that he was my teacher unless it was forced to come up. After showering, I put on the dress I packed since I had told mom I was spending the night with Sarah.

The dress was light purple with flowers on it. I paired it with my white Keds, a rose gold watch I forgot I owned until I found it recently and my denim jacket. Not too dressed up and not too dressed down, it was perfect. I kept my makeup pretty natural. Tinted lip balm, mascara and concealer where I needed it.

"You ready?" Ric asked. He was in a blue fitted button down shirt, dark jeans and black loafers. "No." I looked down, he walked over to me and lifted my chin. "No matter what happens today, I'm still going to be here for you. I love you Violet." "Promise?" My eyes met his. "Forever and always."

We ended up driving in Ric's car since we didn't want to have any accidents on his motorcycle. I clutched the cake as we drove, trying my absolute best to remain calm. Ric noticed and held my hand. "Thanks." I blushed. "I'm right here." He smiled as he drove.

We arrived 15 minutes later. Even though it was my home, I felt like a total stranger but Ric reassured me that it was going to be okay. I trusted him more than anybody else.

"Ready?" He opened my door as I stepped out. "Ready as I'll ever be." I took a deep breath and walked up the familiar stairs. I rang the doorbell and waited. My parents opened the door. "Hi hon." My dad hugged me and my mom kissed my cheek. "Hi."