Chapter Twenty Five

~ Two months later ~

Ric had taken me on a lot of hidden dates lately. Most of which where pretty far from town to avoid suspicion. I loved spending time with him, I just hoped my parents weren't getting too suspicious of me rarely being home. One day after school, mom thought it was smart to basically interrogate me.

"Hey Violet?" She asked, while I was sitting on the couch. "Yeah mom?" She sat down beside me. "Why haven't you been home lately?" "I told you. Sarah's mom is sick and I've been helping them out." She sighed. "But that's not your job to help her family. You need to be here, with us." I rolled my eyes, "I don't need to do anything. I'm a teenager, I need my freedom." She got hostile then, "Is there a boyfriend you're not telling me about?" "Oh my, God mom! Why would it matter if I did?" Her eyes widened, "You're too young and immature to be dating." That's when I snapped with no remorse. "Are you serious? What if I told you that I found someone who actually loves me for me and respects me?" "You're lying." "No I'm not. I have been dating him for the past three months and I haven't been happier. He treats me like a queen." "Who is it then?" Mom demanded, making me even more upset. "It doesn't matter to you. I'm leaving." I stood up but I felt her hand grip my wrist. "You're not going anywhere missy." I yanked my arm away, "Like hell I'm staying here!" I yelled as I ran to my room, slamming my door behind me.

I packed a backpack with everything I considered important, including the framed note and texted Ric.

Me: Can I please come over? I can't be here anymore

Ric: Of course. Why? What's going on?

Me: I'll explain when I get there

Mom knocked on my door, "Violet please open the door. Please." I opened the door and walked past her. "Violet Summer Evans!" "What! What do you want? To ruin my day more than you already have?" "Violet, please just stay home." I opened the front door, "Bye mom." I slammed the door shut before riding my bike to Ric's.

Tears welled in my eyes as I pedaled. I loved my mom, I really, really did but I had to get out otherwise it would have resulted in a yelling match.

When I got to Ric's house, I texted mom.

Me: I love you mom, i really do but I need to be alone tonight. i'm safe, please don't worry about me

She replied instantly.

Mom: I love you more Violet. I'm sorry I got upset, you're my baby. it's my job to protect you and i don't wanna see you get hurt

Me: I know. I'll be home on Sunday.

It was a Wednesday.

Mom: With Sarah?

Me: Yeah. I'll text you when i'm coming home

Mom: Okay, have fun

Oh she had no idea. I parked my bike in the garage since Ric opened it for me and I walked in.

"Ric?" I called for him, I grew scared when I didn't see him. "Ric..." I put my backpack down. As I turned the corner, he walked up. Scaring me. "Ric!" I sobbed into his arms, falling to the floor. He knelt beside me, "Whoa, what's wrong honey?" I clung to him like lint, unable to say a word. He just held me protectively as I cried silently.