Chapter Twenty

While walking around the museum, Ric and I mostly talked but occasionally snuck around a few corners to kiss. He truly made me extremely happy and I wanted to make it up to him. "You okay?" He asked as we strolled our way outside. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" "I was just wondering." Ric smiled as he let go of my hand. I looked up at him, wondering what he was doing. He gently pulled me closer and slid his hands into my back pocket. I was even more intrigued. "Ric?" He grinned as he squeezed my butt through my jeans, I blushed instantly. "Your butt looks so good in these. Wear them more." I blushed even more and giggled when I noticed he was a bit excited.

He eventually took his hands out and went back to holding mine. Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the bus to get lunch. "Where do you wanna go for lunch?" He asked, making me think about it. "Surprise me." I giggled.

As we got closer to the bus, we had to act like student and teacher so I started asking him a bunch of history related questions. "Awe look it's Mr. and Mrs. Saltzman." Jason teased as we walked onto the bus. I slid closer to the window and just ignored him. Despite the fact he was teasing, I loved the way that sounded but I knew it wasn't going to happen for at least a while. Not until I graduated from high school at least.

When we arrived at the food court, everyone went to the restaurant of their choice. "You having fun?" Sarah grinned as she sat down beside me. "Definitely. You?" She giggled, "Oh heck yeah. Elijah wouldn't stop holding my hand." My heart melted, "Awwe. You guys are so cute." "Thanks sis. Sooo." I looked at her, "Sooo what?" She playfully nudged me. "You and Alaric huh?" I blushed, "Wh-what do you mean?" "C'mon Violet. It's obvious that he's into you. I mean, sticking up for you like that? You can't tell me he doesn't like you." My blush worsened, I had to come clean. "I actually need to tell you something." Her ears perked up, "Go ahead." "First you have to pinky promise you won't tell a soul." "I pinky promise." I took a deep breath and told her everything except the losing my virginity thing since I wasn't ready to tell her that yet.

"Violet! That's awesome!" She hugged me close. "You really think so?" "Girl, you deserve to be happy and clearly you guys make each other very happy." "Thanks Sare." We talked until our men arrived with our food. "Y'all ready?" Ric asked, looking at me. "Yeah." I got up and we all piled back into the bus.

On the way to the picnic area, I told Ric about telling Sarah. He handled it better than I thought after I told him he could trust her. It felt good telling her. I'm glad I was able to tell someone I could trust otherwise that would have consumed me. Life was just great.