Chapter Five

The rest of the weekend dragged on since my parents needed me to stay home and do my chores. I dreaded my chores, especially cleaning my room. No matter how "clean" it was, mom always found more to clean. "Mija, did you clean your fan? Did you clean the surfaces?" "Yes mom, I did. Do you want to check?" She nodded as she followed me up to my room. So while she checked every square inch, I sat on my window seat.

I made sure she wouldn't see my phone with Ric's conversation. She would be furious at me for sending him a picture of me for my contact photo. It wasn't anything bad, it was me in pjs on my bed complaining about being bored and out of things to read. But with how my mom is, she would be livid that I exposed myself in such a way to an older man. Especially when the pjs were rather tight leggings and a kind of low cut spaghetti strap tank top.

"Looks good." Mom smiled as she sat down beside me. "Thanks." My phone was in the pocket of my leggings. "Is something wrong, Violet?" She asked, I was looking out the window. "Oh. Um, yeah. I'm fine. I'm just not ready for school tomorrow." "You can do it. You've been doing it your whole life." I nodded, she was right. "Yeah, I guess so. Well I'm gonna go shower and get ready for tomorrow." "Alright hon." Mom kissed my forehead before walking out. I quickly texted Ric.

Me: I miss you
Ric: I miss you more. Are you free tomorrow after school?
Me: Yeah. I never have homework on the first day
Ric: Oh cool.
Me: Yep. Well I gotta go for now, I'll text you later
Ric: Sounds good. 😊

I put my phone on the charger while I got ready for my shower. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a crop top and made my way to my bathroom.

The cold water felt so good against my skin. I stood there for several minutes just letting the water roll down my body and thought about how I was going to see Ric after school. I couldn't wait to see him.