Chapter Forty Four

~ A month later/ four months pregnant ~

"Okay guys, open your textbooks to chapter seventeen and read the chapter then answer the questions at the end. If you have any questions, just raise your hand." Ric said as he sat down in his chair. "Mr. Saltzman you can't expect us to answer twenty questions about the Civil War." Hayley complained. Ric looked up at her, "If you complain, I will make you do chapter eighteen as well and that chapter has thirty questions." Hayley groaned loudly then reluctantly started to work.

I looked up at Ric, our eyes met and we both smiled. I, then, began reading the chapter. It was painfully boring but I still worked. While we worked, Ric walked around the room to ensure that nobody was cheating. When he got to my desk, he discreetly brushed his hand against my thigh. I blushed badly and bit my lower lip to prevent me from making any questionable noises. He smiled as his hand went inward, making me blush even more. If we weren't in the middle of class, I would have kissed the crap out of him right then and there.

"Stay after class." He whispered so quietly in my ear. My blush worsened, thinking about what he could want. After checking my work so far, he continued to walk around the room. "Mr. Saltzman?" "Yes Hayley?" She grinned deviously at me, "How's your slutty girlfriend? She good in bed?" My cheeks burned in hurt and embarrassment. "That's enough Hayley. Get back to work." Ric ordered but that didn't stop her.

"I bet she likes being choked because she's messed up in the fucking head. Like, was she dropped as a baby?" Her words continued to sting but if I got out of the classroom, the entire class would know about Ric and I. "I said that's enough Hayley. Don't make me say it again." Sarah and Elijah weren't in class so everyone but myself and Ric were laughing.

"Oh come on Mr. Saltzman. I bet your girlfriend deserves it." That's when Ric lost it, I had never seen him so angry up until that moment. "Get out! Now! And if anyone else has a problem with me too then you can leave too." He slammed the door shut as he left. I stayed deathly silent and did my best to hold my composure as I worked. "Hey slut! Enjoy this!" The next thing I knew, I felt something sharp hit the back of my head. I looked, it was Hayley's heel.

I held the back of my head, feeling the bit of blood. I couldn't take it anymore and packed up my stuff. I had finished the assignment so I set it on Ric's desk before exiting the room. "Violet?" Ric was pacing around the hall, visibly shaking. I was unable to speak, tears clouded my eyes. I tried hiding my bloody hand but it didn't last long. "What happened?" Ric discreetly rubbed the back of my head then felt it. "Did Hayley do this?"

All I could do was nod so Ric sent me down to the nurse before storming back into the classroom. When I got to the nurse, I had explained to him that Hayley threw her shoe at me. The injury wasn't anything major so the nurse just cleaned it up and because I had a slight headache from it, he let me lay down.

The bell rang several minutes later and I wanted nothing more than to be completely alone with Ric. While I was resting, I called my doctor to set up an appointment for an ultrasound. It was set up for next Thursday at 4 in the afternoon.

A few minutes after I hung up, I looked up to see Ric standing there. The nurse was on the phone so he wasn't paying any attention to us. "What're you doing here?" I sat up, I could see the concern in his eyes. "I'm so sorry Vi. I was an idiot, I cannot apologize enough. I love you so much." He held my hand, "I love you so much too. I want to go home now. I don't want to be here anymore." Ric thought about it. "I have a crazy idea."

He pulled out his phone and dialed the number to the front office. Using a fake voice, he pretended to be my dad saying that I had a doctor's appointment and he was waiting for me which worked. The office called my second block who informed the office I was in the nurse. The nurse, then informed me. "What about you?" I whispered to Ric as I gathered my belongings. "Just trust me. Wait by my car." I nodded before leaving the building.

Not even twenty minutes later, Ric was walking out with all of his belongings. I was amazed at how devious he was but it was a bit of a turn on. "You ready?" He asked as we buckled up. "Always." He smiled as he drove us away from that personal Hell hole.