Chapter Thirty Six

To help me feel better, Ric went out and bought our favorite flavor of ice cream, Chunky Monkey. We sat on his recliner as we shared the container. "I'm so sorry, Ric." I apologized for the third time. "Violet, it's okay. You didn't know he would react like that." I nodded, rubbing my eyes. "Hey, look at me." Ric set the ice cream down, I looked at him. He smiled softly as he moved the hair out of my face. Our eyes met for a split second until our lips collided.

It was a simple kiss. Sweet but an unbelievable amount of love in it. It lasted for a bit. "Honey?" I was looking at him. "Yes babe?" "I love you." I held him close. "I love you just the same, Vi."

Later that afternoon, Ric and I were laying in bed. He was on his side but I was on my back. He had one hand on my stomach and the other was wrapped around me. His embrace was all I needed. We ended up falling asleep because we were both so relaxed being with each other.

He really did mean it when he said he wasn't going anywhere. I don't know what I did to deserve him but it made me love him even more. While we slept, I felt him move around a lot more than normal so I woke up. He was drenched in sweat, he was having a nightmare.

"Ric? Babe?" I gently stroked his cheek, he stirred slightly but still wouldn't fully wake. "Ricky?" I kissed him, that woke him up. He shot up immediately and held me extremely close. I looked down at him, he was crying onto my tee shirt. I didn't say anything as I just held him.

I stroked his hair as he calmed. "Violet?" He sniffled, staring up at me. Our eyes met, "Yes Ric?" He put his hand on my heart, "I love you so much. I refuse to let you be alone. I won't let them hurt you at school." That's when I realized what his nightmare was.

Apparently in the nightmare Jason and Hayley found out I was pregnant when I was alone one day at school and hurt me very badly. I reassured Ric that I would be crazy if I was alone. He kissed my cheek and stomach, making us both feel better.

"How are you gonna hide this?" He asked, I hadn't thought about it. "I'm probably gonna have to wear loose fitting tops and make sure nobody comes near me which shouldn't be a problem. Sarah and Elijah will protect me." "Do they know?" "Not yet. I'll tell them tomorrow." It was almost dinner time.

For dinner, Ric made salad since we both weren't starving. It was just enough. Afterwards, we snuggled in the recliner as we watched some television. It was a great way to end an emotional day.