Chapter Sixty Five

I took a deep breath as dad and I walked through the doors. The guests smiled as we sauntered in. I looked up to see Ric standing there. I almost stopped breathing when I saw how handsome he looked. He was wearing a full tuxedo with a faux sunflower pin on the coat. He mouthed Holy crap when he saw me.

I felt five million butterflies as dad and I got closer. Before I knew it, I was hand in hand with Ric and my dad was sitting down. This was actually happening, it was happening right now.

The officiant greeted everyone and began with a prayer. I could feel Ric shake as we held hands. "The bride and groom decided to write their own vows. Alaric, would you like to start?" He nodded as he pulled them out of his jacket. "I couldn't memorize them so bear with me." I smiled as he began.

"My dearest Violet, when I met you seven months ago I knew you were the girl for me. You have brought me nothing but joy and happiness. And I get to share this happiness with our baby girl. You have no idea how much you mean to me and I can't wait to spend forever by your side. I love you." I wiped the tears from my eyes. "And now your turn Violet."

"My amazing Alaric, from the moment I saw you I knew you were mine. You showed me a love that I wasn't used to. You showed me compassion and unending support. When I found out I was pregnant I was terrified to tell you but like everything else, you handled it so well. I can't wait to spend an eternity with you just so I can show you how much I love you."

He wiped his own tears as I finished. Before we knew it, it was time for the rings. We said our lines, "With this ring, I thee wed." We looked at the officiant, "With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Alaric, you may kiss your bride." We grinned as he kissed me passionately. I giggled as he picked me up bridal style and carried me out of the building. We kissed on the top of the steps as our guests followed behind. Everything was perfect and I couldn't have been happier.