Chapter Thirty Five

The room fell dead silent after I announced my surprise. Mom got up and walked into the living room. Dad just stood there in rage.

"Yo-you're pregnant?" Mom came back in several moments later. I nodded, holding my stomach. "Get out." I looked up at dad, my voice breaking, "What?" "Did I stutter? Get out of my house! Pack your stuff, you're out of here." "Aldo.. please calm down." My mom was being calm, she and I had always talked about her eventually being a grandma. "How can you be so calm Frannie? Our sixteen year old daughter is dating a thirty year old rapist who made her pregnant." Hearing that word made my heart sink, rapist. My mom didn't say anything as she took Ric and I upstairs, leaving dad alone.

"Are you guys happy?" We were in my room. "Yes, very." Ric answered, holding my hand. "I'm sorry about Aldo, Ric. Violet is his little girl so he's scared of letting her grow up. He's acting the same way my father did when he found us in bed one day. I had a miscarriage that same year, I was seventeen and it messed me up emotionally for a while. So I think he's scared of that happening to Violet."

"Mommy?" I looked at her. "Yes honey?" "Are you mad at me?" She held me close. "I'm not mad at you anymore. I'm upset about daddy's reaction, just give him time." I nodded, "Am I still being kicked out?" Mom grabbed some of the empty bins from my closet. "Only until dad calms down so just pack up your important and favorite things." So with her help and Ric's, we got that stuff into two bins.

After getting them loaded into the car, mom thought it would be best for Ric and I to go so I gave her a kiss and even though he was still upset, I hugged dad. "I love you guys." I said, "We love you too Violet." Mom replied before waving us goodbye.

"You okay?" Ric inquired, I was extremely silent. I shook my head no so he sped home. When we got there, he helped me inside and gave me a much needed hug. I cried in his arms as he held me protectively. "I'm right here, Violet. I'm not going anywhere, I pinky promise. Forever and always."